Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! So I have a USB stick that I have downloaded songs too and it plays just fine in the Mini, but anytime I have added new songs to the USB or the MP3 player with the usb connector and put it back in my car it doesn't recognize the new songs...only the old ones that I put on previously. If I take the stick or MP3 player out and check the songs it will show up but again not when I plug either of them into the car.

Also, today I tried using just an auxiliary audio cable to attach to the MP3 player and plugged that in to the car and it wouldn't read anything at all on the mp3 player.

I don't understand where the disconnect could be?? Sounds like the stereo/aux isn't reading correctly and there is a flaw in it and am ready to take it back to the dealer to have it looked at.

Anybody have any same experiences or suggestions on what I am doing wrong??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It automatically goes to the USB (cruzer) it what it is called so it doesn't give me the option to select anything else unless I specifically go just to my local stereo channels or satellite.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
I have also had the same issue as you Denore with no answer as to why yet. I thought it might be a format thing or the size of the file might be a bit bigger than the others. Have even tried to wipe the hard drive clean and re-load from USB and some songs just don't appear on the hard drive but are playable from the USB stick.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
On another thought, I wonder if there is a hidden code used on some downloaded tracks that mini wont allow to be played/saved. I have had this issue with some movies so wondering if it is also with audio tracks????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This worked!

I think you have to go to the little magnifying glass.Reset search and then search albums usually pops up with the Newley added albums/tracks

JOHHNBOY!!!! You are a lifesaver!!! So initially it didn't work (so I thought) because I was using the MP3 player to start. I came back in and added more songs to my usb stick and went and did the same thing you said and bingo!!!! It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so so so much!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.