Mini Cooper Forum banner

Which wheels do you think would go better with Thunder Gray/Black Stripes/Mirror Caps

• 17" Silver Tentacle Spoke

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 17" Black Cosmos Spoke

Votes: 11 73.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly finished with my configuration and ready to order but can't decide on wheels!

Originally had my mind set on the 17" Black Cosmos, because I thought it would fit the color scheme a bit more...but I'm not too sure about it now. In some of the pictures of the Black Cosmos I have seen, it makes the dirt on the tires way more apparent and the black color doesn't seem to match up to the color on the cars mirrors/top/trimming around the wheel/stripes which looks a bit awkward. Way more glossier too I guess. Looks a bit less classy and more cheap but in certain pictures I love the way they look lol.

I'm also thinking of possibly going with the 17" Tentacle Spoke Silver wheels instead. I think it gives it a more upscale look and more contrast since Thunder Gray is already a darker color ...and I've been pleased with most pictures of them that I've seen.

What wheels do you guys think would go best with this color scheme on this configuration?

2015 Cooper S - 4 Door

Thunder Gray
Black Bonnet Stripes
Black Top/Black Mirror Caps (possibly the Dark Checkered Mirror Caps)
LED Headlights
White Turn Signals

I've narrowed it down to two:

17" Silver Tentacles
17" Black Cosmos

Wish I had paid more attention to the wheels when I was at the dealership the other day lol :)

Oh and can someone please tell me how I can delete previous threads I've created? Accidentally put this in the Tires/Wheels section instead of Appearance/Body! thanks

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Being a girl .... I reckon shoes should always match the colour of the handbag....same goes for roof and wheels!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Donna, I am not a Girl and do not own a Handbag but I have to agree with you. The Wheels should match the Roof!!! So black it is. You always can match the Handbag to the Wheels later.;):D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the all the suggestions!

After finding a picture of an idea I had, I ended up deciding on replacing the mirror caps with Black Jack Mirror Caps and pairing them the 17" Silver Tentacle wheels (while still keeping the Black Bonnet Stripes and Black Top and Thunder Gray Body).

My eyes just didn't like how the black wheels were meshing with the darker Thunder Gray body color. Seemed really dull IMO, guess I wanted some more contrast. Had I chosen a brighter body color, there's no doubt in my mind that I would have definitely gone with the Black Cosmos for sure. Gotta love all the customization options we get with our Mini's :)

Stoked on finally having decided on everything and now onto finally placing my full order.
Then it's going to be time for me to impatiently wait lol...

It's going to end up looking like a combination between these two attached pictures:

(Like Pic Number 1 - except for I'm replacing the Black Cosmo wheels with the wheels in Pic Number 2 - (Silver Tentacles) - and the lights are gonna be ALL WHITE LED lights like as seen in Pic # 2 as well) The lighter, more neutral, Silver Tentacle wheels are going to balance the Black Jacks and everything else perfectly :D

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I ended up deciding on replacing the mirror caps with Black Jack Mirror Caps and pairing them the 17" Silver Tentacle wheels (while still keeping the Black Bonnet Stripes and Black Top and Thunder Gray Body).

My eyes just didn't like how the black wheels were meshing with the darker Thunder Gray body color. Seemed really dull IMO, guess I wanted some more contrast.
Good choice! Always best to go with your own instincts on these things!
It'll look great!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Black!

Nearly finished with my configuration and ready to order but can't decide on wheels!

Originally had my mind set on the 17" Black Cosmos, because I thought it would fit the color scheme a bit more...but I'm not too sure about it now. In some of the pictures of the Black Cosmos I have seen, it makes the dirt on the tires way more apparent and the black color doesn't seem to match up to the color on the cars mirrors/top/trimming around the wheel/stripes which looks a bit awkward. Way more glossier too I guess. Looks a bit less classy and more cheap but in certain pictures I love the way they look lol.

I'm also thinking of possibly going with the 17" Tentacle Spoke Silver wheels instead. I think it gives it a more upscale look and more contrast since Thunder Gray is already a darker color ...and I've been pleased with most pictures of them that I've seen.

What wheels do you guys think would go best with this color scheme on this configuration?

2015 Cooper S - 4 Door

Thunder Gray
Black Bonnet Stripes
Black Top/Black Mirror Caps (possibly the Dark Checkered Mirror Caps)
LED Headlights
White Turn Signals

I've narrowed it down to two:

17" Silver Tentacles
17" Black Cosmos

Wish I had paid more attention to the wheels when I was at the dealership the other day lol :)

Oh and can someone please tell me how I can delete previous threads I've created? Accidentally put this in the Tires/Wheels section instead of Appearance/Body! thanks
:laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
We all need to personalize our cars in some way. I'm in the Black rims camp, have a look at my garage for pics. I'll admit that silver has its place but I do like the more "serious" look of black. I went for a dark tint on the glass too.
Too each his (or her) own,
Oost

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
I agreen boost but think the silver's edge it with that colour.good call

·
Registered
69 Posts
I really like the tentacle spokes. originally I liked the black cosmos but if the tires aren't perfectly clean they look a bit cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts