Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I noticed that the original bonnet stripes on my JCW are starting to flake away on the edges.

I would like to replace them, so will need to remove the old vinyl decals and replace them.

I have done some research, and I have come across the main dealers supplying replacement decals for around £50 each side, so over £100 for the pair.

Found eBay copany supplying them for £25 for the pair, which I think are probably not as good quality as the original factory fit?

There is also a UK based Mini vinyl company on google - MINI Graphics Boot Stripes - Standard Original Styled with Outer Pin StripesPattern which look good quality at £32.

Has anyone had any experience purchasing, fitting, and the quality of the different types of vinyl stripes as supplied by various places? Should I stick with Mini original genuine parts?

Thanks

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
987 Posts
Genuine ones are printed which is why on a black stripe you'll see white underneath when you get a stone chip.
Aftermarket are usually 100% vinyl so you wont have that problem - cheap ones are thinner so it's worth spending an extra tenner or so getting better quality ones which will last longer and wont fade.
I had genuine stripes fitted as part of the deal when i bought the mini, 1 year/ 3000 miles later they had white showing though from stone chips so i removed them and the car looked a lot better :)

You should be able to find a local signwriter/ car wrap place who will supply and fit a pair for less than the cost of genuine ones

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
You should be able to find a local signwriter/ car wrap place who will supply and fit a pair for less than the cost of genuine ones
Exactly this. I had an R53 Checkmate whose decals were peeling. I bought the original decals from MINI and had a local signwriter fit them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts