Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find the torque specs for the 16inch alloy wheel (5 lug nuts) on my f56 (2015 MCS) anywhere. I checked manual and internet but the best I could find is this link (http://new.minimania.com/part/G2NMW...ch---Mini-Cooper--S-F56-R55-56-57-58-59-60-61). However, I don't think these match the factory OEM lug nuts so I'm relunctant to tighten to 101 ft lbs. I'd call the dealer but they are closed today. Does anyone know what correct torque should be?

p.s. Loving my mini but surprised how difficult it has been to find basic DIY information (at least for the f56).

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts
Sounds about right my r56was 120 so I'd assume same or similar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeremy. I measured the wheel bolts (I guess technically they aren't lug *nuts*) and they match what was recommended in that aftermarket link.

It's turning into a nice sunny Sunday afternoon here and I'd hate to have been stuck at home and not driving around the country!

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts
Yes am sure the page posted was right.I think 120 was nm but that would be about 88lb foot. Think you won't be far out!

·
Registered
20 Posts
F56 lug bolt torque should be 101 Ft.# of torque :)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
F56 lug bolt torque should be 101 Ft.# of torque :)

I was wondering what the torque value was....are you sure about 101? That's rather hefty imo. Usually 80 to 90 range is the spec. especially on smaller lighter cars. Where is that value spec'd?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Service Manager at my MINI dealership told me 101 FT/lbs. That's what I torque them to. If anyone is worried about over-torqueing, just make them finger tight and you should be comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts
And watch them sail away in the distance. As above stick to the manual oh btw i havent got one. Told in the clubby it's in the car on the computer. It is but.....

·
Registered
615 Posts
I torque mine to 140 Nm.

Be careful not to over tighten them as the OEM wheel bolts are quite soft and I have had it where my local tyre fitter over tightened mine and I just managed to take the bolts off but damaging a couple in the process!

It helps to have a really tight fitting 17mm socket as some are not as fine tolerance as others.

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts
s bmw want to service your car they dont want you to diy and hence make it tricky to get stuff but it is out there and wheel nut torque is in the manual!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts