Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well on Friday as i posted my wife pulled the trigger on a pepper white clubman s. Beautiful car. Pxing her black r series roadsrer s three years old 12,000 miles.when we got home neither of us slept that night and we were both on the same lines . did we really want to loose the roof off go kart motoring Damon(its name) brings us? We both felt no! So the alternative s;,renege on the deal and lose our deposit or look at trading my Cooper in volcanic orange,two years old,instead! Now this was my 50th birthday present to myself and i cherry picked every option i fancied. Mmmm but why did we need two f series tin tops. After much deliberation and a drive in the f54 s yes i can definitely live with it. And with px etc we end up £1000 better off ! So instead of the roadster going my gorgeous f56 in volcanic orange is going on thursday to be replaced by Emmett ,see photos! All good fun! Great spec. I will miss the hk stereo and hud but instead gain comfort access adaptive leds,adaptive cruise and black lovely lovely lounge leather seats with embroidered union jack embellishments. Lovely!:eek:

Just realised i now have a full set winter tyres with 16" dezent alloys and tpms monitors ready to go for my f series. Don't think theyll fit the f54 will they. ?

Well according to the mytyres website theyll fit! Happy days!

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi Jeremy,
Forgot to mention to you on my previous reply ....
The barn doors are brilliant, so quick and easy and they open themselves.

My Thunder Grey Clubman goes into my local MINI dealer Wednesday for a set of official Sport stripes to the bonnet (black) and roof (silver).
Enjoy your new MINI.

Here are my Sport Stripes
https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/a...-bonnet-stripes/sport-stripes_-roof-kit0.html

ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649QUOTE=jeremybingham;589081]Well on Friday as i posted my wife pulled the trigger on a pepper white clubman s. Beautiful car. Pxing her black r series roadsrer s three years old 12,000 miles.when we got home neither of us slept that night and we were both on the same lines . did we really want to loose the roof off go kart motoring Damon(its name) brings us? We both felt no! So the alternative s;,renege on the deal and lose our deposit or look at trading my Cooper in volcanic orange,two years old,instead! Now this was my 50th birthday present to myself and i cherry picked every option i fancied. Mmmm but why did we need two f series tin tops. After much deliberation and a drive in the f54 s yes i can definitely live with it. And with px etc we end up £1000 better off ! So instead of the roadster going my gorgeous f56 in volcanic orange is going on thursday to be replaced by Emmett ,see photos! All good fun! Great spec. I will miss the hk stereo and hud but instead gain comfort access adaptive leds,adaptive cruise and black lovely lovely lounge leather seats with embroidered union jack embellishments. Lovely!:eek:

Just realised i now have a full set winter tyres with 16" dezent alloys and tpms monitors ready to go for my f series. Don't think theyll fit the f54 will they. ?

Well according to the mytyres website theyll fit! Happy days![/QUOTE]

·
Super Moderator
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They look great Steve .swmbo has negotiated a free pair of standard bonnet stripes for it but the stripe man is on his holidays atm so they will be fitted when gets back. Like the look of yours a lot!

·
Registered
969 Posts
What??? No more VO, that's it, you're dead to me ��

Good luck with the clubbie, I can't remember what's different, could simply be the offset but I think fitting your winters may require a bit of tweaking.

·
Super Moderator
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't even want to think about that. Ouch. At least swmbo is paying ! Quite a good contribution atm from mini and dealer totalled £1600 discount! Hold that thought!

·
Super Moderator
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
More photos thursday when it arrives Popped in to mini yesterday to finalise things but it was out of the showroom being prepared! tGetting excited. Just erased all personal data fom my f56. Sad .even radio stations were got rid of!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats! Make sure the program on the car is set so that the barn doors only open when the car is unlocked. You don't want to damage the doors by having them accidentally open on you...it's easy to do, trust me. Luckily we didn't damage ours while in the garage before we got the program updated. The button on the key fob is really sensitive.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi Davyboy,
Official MINI Sport Stripes roof kit fitted Wednesday.
Charged me £140 all in.
Cash in an envelope for the guy when I dropped off the Clubman.
"Done after hours" at a special rate.

My salesman organised the full appointment.

Will have to work out how to post pics and get some on here for you all and Jeremy off course now he has picked up Emmett.

Just had a peep and £79! Is that from front to back fitted? my dealer wanted around £125 just for bonnet strips on our countryman! Paid £50 from a local guy with good quality material :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.