Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please tell me what this is?? I have a 2011 mini S clubman and this was not attached to anything? it may be why my car is not performing under quick acceleration conditions??

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Too bad you're all wrong!

It's actually an early prototype for a Mini branded toy.

You put a ping pong ball in the cup looking end, and blow through the other end and you shoot the ball in the air and try to catch it. Repeat. Waste the day away.

If it smells like fuel, thats because they recommend a quick dipping in fuel. It helps to add a light headed and euphoric feeling when you catch the ball. It also helps to make it harder to focus the better you get.

Just don't inhale, because that would be cheating

(not recommended for use by individuals under the age of 25)

Reactions: donnaj1dlh

·
Registered
494 Posts
perhaps, a mini rattle snake ?
Indigenous to the UK.
Not poisonous, but scary.
only to handled by highly technical experts.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Glad everyone's having fun. Thanks to the guys that actually tried to help
Just giving you a little ribbing. Meant no harm

So was I right about being a fuel tank vent pipe? :)
I looked around on RealOEM and came up with the same determination you did. I couldn't find any useable part #'s on the object to cross reference to anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not sure Davyboy.....gonna have to take it to the dealer and see........and the joking was totally ok!! just looking for some substance mixed in also....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can anyone please tell me what this is?? I have a 2011 mini S clubman and this was not attached to anything? it may be why my car is not performing under quick acceleration conditions??
Looks like it's the vent pipe for the gearbox. I would post a link or image but I'm new on this site. Google search part number 24007563920

Edit: You can also go to realoem.com, input your model/vin then go to Automatic transmission > Mounting / Suspension to see where it's connected to your car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
brakes work fine...car actually runs ok...just the same problem when i try to quickly accelerate....it was down to the right of the engine..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you gwj! but i was really wondering what connects to that piece and where does that go.....that piece was all that is there...there is no other hose etc with that 3 prong thingy to connect it to....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you gwj! but i was really wondering what connects to that piece and where does that go.....that piece was all that is there...there is no other hose etc with that 3 prong thingy to connect it to....
In case you missed it in my earlier post...

You can also go to realoem.com, input your model/vin then go to Automatic transmission > Mounting / Suspension to see where it's connected to your car.

As for the smaller end of the hose, you might try to follow the existing curvature after reinstalling to see if anything else near there. Since it doesn't have any clamps attached on that end my guess it may be just venting to the engine bay.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Google search part number 24007563920
Your Google Wizardry skills are far superior to mine, as I couldn't find shtick regarding that part number. +1 sir (or ma'am)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts