Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I finally put the order in for my Electric Blue F56 Cooper today, since there were 3 slots left at the dealers :D However I noticed that the third black button along, located in between the front and rear de mister is blank on a lot of the demos and showroom models.

Does anyone have any idea what is is and how I don't have it left blank? It seems to look like a windscreen. All I can think is that it would be the 313 option with the electric folding mirrors.

http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites...hback-2014-interior-buttons.jpg?itok=iBBp5dgQ

Thank you!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Mine are blank too since I got the budget F56. By looking at the Button from left to right I would think that is the button for heated side mirrors/windshield? Just a guess of course.:D I would think that the buttons for the side mirror functions are on the drivers side door.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
It's for the electronic windscreen defrost, rather like that you get on the rear window - I'm not certain but I know MINI offer folding and dimming mirrors but I'm not sure whether they are dismisting.

·
Registered
615 Posts
As mentioned.. the 3rd button from the left is the optional front heated windscreen (which has tiny heating element lines in the glass itself)

The only one I don't have on my car is the very left hand switch (P with what looks like a traffic cone)..Anyone know what that one is? Disable alarm when car is towed?

·
Registered
55 Posts
As mentioned.. the 3rd button from the left is the optional front heated windscreen (which has tiny heating element lines in the glass itself)

The only one I don't have on my car is the very left hand switch (P with what looks like a traffic cone)..Anyone know what that one is? Disable alarm when car is towed?
That is the toggle switch for activating/deactivating the parking sensors and reversing camera if you have it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have rear sensors and the camera and I haven't got the P toggle either because it's for the parking assistant system as far as I'm aware.
Pretty sure you still got it if you got parking sensors because that how you would turn them off if you didn't want them on

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought it was for the electric heated windscreen, all I can see on the options for anything heated on the front windscreen over here are the heated windscreen washer jets. Get the feeling its not an option here in Aus... :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.