Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I ordered a set of NM Engineering RSe12 for my F56. The wheels are 18x7.5, ET40, 5x112, 66.6CB in gunmetal. The car is a stock 2016 Cooper S. I know the wheels will fit but I'm a little concerned about tire selection. Originally I had planned on putting 215/40/18 on the wheels but now i'm having second thoughts. The tire setups I've found all seem to be 205/40/18 however they all have been on R-series models; I can't seem to find any for F-series. The car is stock height and will remain there and I have no interest in trying to figure out how to roll fenders that are a combination of metal and plastic.

If I could fit 215's I'd love to since I could get some Conti Extremesports. But the problem is I can't find any performance tires in 205/40/18 since Michelin discontinued the PSS.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all. I ordered a set of NM Engineering RSe12 for my F56. The wheels are 18x7.5, ET40, 5x112, 66.6CB in gunmetal. The car is a stock 2016 Cooper S. I know the wheels will fit but I'm a little concerned about tire selection. Originally I had planned on putting 215/40/18 on the wheels but now i'm having second thoughts. The tire setups I've found all seem to be 205/40/18 however they all have been on R-series models; I can't seem to find any for F-series. The car is stock height and will remain there and I have no interest in trying to figure out how to roll fenders that are a combination of metal and plastic.

If I could fit 215's I'd love to since I could get some Conti Extremesports. But the problem is I can't find any performance tires in 205/40/18 since Michelin discontinued the PSS.

Any recommendations?
I’ve got that exact wheel and spec on 215/40/18 ps4. Car is lowered a tad and rubs on the rear a little on the plastic fenders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey dudes, finally got my new wheels installed. See below for specs. They fit well and the new tires really help show off the handling. I was worried that they'd be too wide in the front but they barely poke. No interference with the struts and they should fit the JCW brakes should I decide to upgrade. I also converted to wheel studs from the stock bolts. 60mm long, thread-in studs from Motorsport Hardware with Titan lug nuts in Gunmetal.

Wheel: NM Engineering RSe12
Size: 18" x 7.5"
Offset: ET40
Centerbore: 66.6mm
Color: Gunmetal

Tire: Continental ExtremeContact Sport
Size: 215/40/18
Service Description: 89Y
Load Range: XL
UTQG: 340 AA A

1 - 4 of 4 Posts