Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my F56 JCW for 3wks now and haven't stopped smiling until I had a stone chip on the bonnet this afternoon :cry:. It's my 3rd Mini and by far the best, my 1st was a Mini 1275GT and the 2nd was a Cooper S both were owned in the 1980's when I was a young lad and were great fun. I've owned many cars since then but couldn't resist a return to my 1st car.

·
Registered
2020 JCW - Silver White - Auto
63 Posts
Welcome! Im also a new F56 JCW owner. I love mine!

·
Registered
2018 JCW BRG
7 Posts
Welcome! where are the pics?! 😁
FWIW with mine I'd had it about 6 months when there was a thunderstorm and my dog was stuck outside. For some reason he thought I was in the car and tried to scratch his way in, deep scratches on 6 different panels - I understand the stone chip pain...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forums. Lets have a look :)
I've had my F56 JCW for 3wks now and haven't stopped smiling until I had a stone chip on the bonnet this afternoon :cry:. It's my 3rd Mini and by far the best, my 1st was a Mini 1275GT and the 2nd was a Cooper S both were owned in the 1980's when I was a young lad and were great fun. I've owned many cars since then but couldn't resist a return to my 1st car.
I'll post some pics if it ever stops raining here!

·
Registered
52 Posts
It’s funny how you can feel nostalgic for your first car even if it wasn't great; mine was a Reliant Supervan III. I got my new Mini in December last year and the first long journey I made in it I managed to pick up a stone dent in the bonnet which is a bit of a shame.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! where are the pics?! 😁
FWIW with mine I'd had it about 6 months when there was a thunderstorm and my dog was stuck outside. For some reason he thought I was in the car and tried to scratch his way in, deep scratches on 6 different panels - I understand the stone chip pain...
It's actually quite difficult to see as it's only broken through the lacquer and not the paint. I'm not sure what I can do about it to be honest as I guess it will only get worse?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts