Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My wife and I just got a new to us F56. Never had a BMW Mini before. However, It's a "One" not a Cooper although we'd like a Cooper, we can't get insurance on a Cooper. Is there a forum for us?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm guessing you have an R50 and not an F56.
What year is your Mini?

Probably gonna want the Mini2 forum instead.

Definitely just guessing without knowing the year of your car though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've a 2017 1.2 F56. As our teenagers will drive the car EVERY insurance company we tried either refused or quoted thousands to have a named driver on a Cooper. That's Ireland for you. Even in the UK there are F56 Ones. Not all are coopers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, since it's an F56, you're definitely in the right place.

I'm guessing it's just an engine size thing, but the body is the same?

I can't find a lot of information online that differentiates between the two

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Still trying to get the hang of the forum. This is the only pic we have for now. First impressions:
To drive, really nice, roundabouts will be fun. It feels genuinely close to the classic mini we recently sold.
Economy from the 1.2 is as good as the 1.6 diesel Alfa we traded in. Now it was a 100km/hr follow the leader trip home but very impressed.
Power is also well impressive. Maybe top gear at low speed on a motorway will need a drop down but what's a Mini for but to use the revs, use the handling and the nicely weighted steering.
Inside is where it could be nicer but less face it, its not top of the range. Radio and centre controls could be improved, radio sound is poor. Upgrade definitely on the way. Room is fine, 49" TV in its box fitted in the back, there's more room than in the classic mini so what more would you want? Get a 1980s Volvo estate if you want room for the Wolfhounds.
First upgrade is complete. Loop Alloys!

·
Super Moderator
6,603 Posts
Yes definitely in the right p!ace. Nice car! 3 cylinder economical and fun!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I didn’t realise these were 1.2, I thought it was a less tuned version of the 1.5 in the One?

Love the wheel upgrade by the way. Any other plans? I’d vote for clear side repeaters but that’s just me disliking orange against red!

Sounds like you don’t have the colour screen radio (Visual Boost), which is a shame as they’re not easy to swap over at all, but appreciate it will help keep the cost down which I suppose many choose to do when choosing a One over a Cooper from new.

There are some good phone mounts and I think you can still stream by Bluetooth so once you have upgraded speakers you’ll be fine!

I went out to buy a 49” TV in mine a few years ago. There was an empty box (for a display TV) knocking around for a 55” so the young man in store allowed me to see if it would fit in my Mini....
Long story short, I have a 55” TV 😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts