Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m purchasing a used Mini Copper this week but I need help deciding which one to choose.

1st option - 2016 Mini Copper, Pepper White, only 33,000km, Nav and fairly loaded with the options. Nice clean car from a Local BMW dealer, automatic shift. 16,400 with some wiggle room

2nd option- 2017 Mini Cooper S, Pepper White, black bonnet stripes, 33,000 in as well, manual shift, no Nav but LED interior light package on both Vehicles.22,700 with some wiggle room.

so approx 6,000 difference between both vehicles, both look fairly similar on the exterior and interior, ie Black leather sport seats, black roofs and black wing mirrors for both vehicles.

I guess my question is, is the extra money worth it for a S variant??

looking forward to this week and joining the forum.

·
Registered
2015 F55 Cooper S
68 Posts
My personal opinion would be: if you have the money then I would go for the Cooper S. No doubt in my mind. I have owned a F56 cooper and it was a great car. but now I have a Cooper S and that is an amazing car. different engine (2 ltr) makes all the difference in my opinion.

with either car you can't go wrong.

If they both look the same from the outside that would mean that the Cooper has an S package or something? otherwise the exterior would be different (double exhaust in the middle on Cooper S, brake inlets on the front bumper)

Do you have pictures?

·
Registered
100 Posts
You pretty much have easy choice here. If it would be between 2 Cooper S models, then that would be a bit tricky. I have driven regular cooper as a loaner for over a week but I do own 2016 Cooper S. That cooper loaner has a nice sound under acceleration but the fun factor(acceleration wise) isn't there. I believe that $22K is a bit high of a price. I bought my 2016 MINI Cooper S Pepper white with less than 20K, Auto trans, Harmon Kardon, Dynamic Dampers for $18.6K in March of 2019. If you can get Cooper S for less than $20K, that would be worth it. If you just want a daily driver for city driving, you can get the regular cooper, but the price of 16K isn't ideal unless in Canada the prices seem good. Oh, yes, provide images :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Depending on the type of driving you do the auto/manual might be a big difference. Lots of stop start would make the auto easier to live with.

Then for the options, again location could make a difference, lots of cold mornings then you will want the heated seat and windscreen option, milder climate then not so important.

The wider screen for the nav option does give you other options but that might depend on local differences in the UK you don't get traffic updates unless you have the higher spec nav.

In the UK the different specs would also mean different insurance premiums and there are also different fuel consumption figures.

As for fun factor and how it drives there is only one way to see how you feel about that and that is a test drive in both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone for the valuable input. I will post the pics once I decide to pick up the vehicle. I am leaning towards the S but agree that the price is a little high on both vehicles, so I’ll see what I can do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts