Mini Cooper Forum banner

Hi everyone

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  marsie 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, i am not yet a Mini owner but will be on wednesday/thursday this week:). We were out looking for a smaller car to replace my Missus's 2012 Qashquai and narrowed the shortlist down to Fiat 500, or mini. Initially we went to look at the 500 and she really liked the 500s and we could afford to get brand new one. However after a bit of research we found that the resale value of the 500 was poor. It was then that i talked her into going to have a look at used minis (new ones were out of our price range :( )

So we went to Sytner sheffield for a look and had a test drive in a new cooper 1.5 3 door. My other half loved it so we went and sat down with the sales man for a chat about what he could offer. he asked what spec/colour we would like and we looked at several used cars they had in group stock. He then jumped up and disappeared into another office. When he came back he told us he had just remembered that they had an ex demo in but it hadn't been put up for sale yet but had to check if it was still available.

It was a 2016 Cooper 5 door in chilli red
full sports bodykit
Full black leather interior
Led lights
etc,etc

The car was almost £25000 new:eek: and had only done 3000 miles. It was up for £18000 but he then offered a £2000 deposit contribution :D. After doing some figures and valuing our nissan it worked out that it would cost us £12 a month more than we were paying for her Nissan.

In with the deal they have agreed to fit click and drive satnav, but unfortunately that means we won't get it until later in the week so brace yourselves for a flurry of stupid questions:D:laugh:

Here it is

Paul

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
You are right, there really is no comparison. Don't get me wrong, the 500 is a nice car for those on a tight budget but at the end of the day is a city car. Probably ideal for buzzing around town but i wouldn't want to go far on the motorway in one. I am glad she chose the nearly new mini instead of the brand new fiat. Plus ours has already had its initial tumble in value:D
Paul

#4 ·
That is a really good deal. It is a beautiful looking car. The sports body kit is worth ......on its own.

Fiat 500 is a cutr little town car but as Brandon says its not in thec same league as mini and i hated the sound of the twin air engine.

#5 ·
Welcome! Love the look of your new MINI! You've got a winner there!

John

Reactions: marsie
#8 ·
Congrats on your new mini, the 5 door with the aero kit looks great! Plus being red with a black roof you know it will go faster ;)

Moving on from a Qashquai I'm sure that she will appreciate the feel of a normal transmission again!

#11 ·
Hey, don't knock the Fiat!!!!

We've got a diesely 500X for the family semi-chic runabout and a Mini, both great cars in their own way. Its android connectivity puts the Mini to shame and its diesel engine batters Audi's 1.6's by a mile!!!!

But if I'm honest.... I wouldn't swap my Mini for the wife's 500X, but then again, the Mini cost me £10k more and its 2/3 of the size..... ;)

Welcome, oh and nice wheels, look like some 17" track spokes to me :)

Reactions: marsie
#12 ·
Picked it up today. Hd the afternoon driving it and figuring out the media system. Absolute hoot to drive and a complete contrast to my car. May have to nick it off the missus more often :) . Even got some colour coded bows and a bunch of flowers from Sytners
Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.