Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks

Loving this forum....just wanted to say hello.

I'm from the sunny south coast of the UK

I'm looking at a F55 and am unsure as to the best colour and options

I love the VO but I'm prob a bit too old to drive it hence looking at White Silver or light metallic blue

I'm really keen on the pano roof but not sure if I want that more than the LED headlights with cornering feature

What do you think ? :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
My favourite colour choice is Electric Blue I love it when I saw the first 'S' in that colour 10 years ago.

Then again you can't go wrong with Blazing Red and white roof or BRG.

You'll want the pano roof if you use it a lot during the day in the summer. You'll want the cornering light feature if you drive a lot at night in town. Get them both if you can afford it :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol I'm nearly 50 so I'll prob go with the silver or blue.....don't want to look like I'm having a mid life crisis

I've been driving convertibles since 2004 so this will be a tough decision to move to a hard top (we had a new Mini Cooper Cabriolet in cool blue with full leather and 17 inch alloys and it looked lovely)

My current car in a Boxster which is lovely but I need 5 seats now and I honestly can't think of another car that will be as much fun to drive than the Mini and cost less than £20k

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi ****! I am in a similar dither, can't decide on the car or the options! (and I'm 50)
I think we get more commitment-phobic as we approach mid life, as we know what it is like to regret decisions that you have to live with. But have to agree with Wheeee!

Don't forget, 50 is the new 30, so whatever color makes you happy, age no matter.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey folks

Loving this forum....just wanted to say hello.

I'm from the sunny south coast of the UK

I'm looking at a F55 and am unsure as to the best colour and options

I love the VO but I'm prob a bit too old to drive it hence looking at White Silver or light metallic blue

I'm really keen on the pano roof but not sure if I want that more than the LED headlights with cornering feature

What do you think ? :)

Hi ****

I think you should go with your gut feeling. It does not matter how old/young you are have the colour you like.

Have just managed to add LED lights to my new car as it went in to production- feedback suggests I will not regret it.

Good luck

Debs

·
Registered
98 Posts
You're never too old for volcanic orange!
I'll second that. I'll be 48 this year and my VO F55 should be here by the end of the month. My wife and daughter would've been sorely disappointed in me if I hadn't gone with VO, since orange is my favorite colour.

Reactions: MINIgirl

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all, its good to get some reassurance that I'm not too old for VO

I know both my children want VO so its just got itself table stakes again :)

Decisions, decisions....I have spent way too much time lately on the Mini config tool lately. Im like a kid in a sweet shop

What are you thoughts on the Radio Boost or Media XL options....are they worth the money ?
I normally listen to my engine in my current car and the Mini Cooper has a lovely little engine note too so I'll prob not be playing music loud in the car

·
Registered
288 Posts
Im 46 next and VO is my cars colour,Never as said previously too old for the colour. Pick mine up in ten days and mines a 5 door SD.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lol I'm nearly 50 so I'll prob go with the silver or blue.....don't want to look like I'm having a mid life crisis ��

I've been driving convertibles since 2004 so this will be a tough decision to move to a hard top (we had a new Mini Cooper Cabriolet in cool blue with full leather and 17 inch alloys and it looked lovely)

My current car in a Boxster which is lovely but I need 5 seats now and I honestly can't think of another car that will be as much fun to drive than the Mini and cost less than £20k
I'm 50 this year also, and the colour choice never crossed my mind. It was £500 cheaper and I liked it. Although white was my first choice, as it looks cleaner for longer. BRG if it was block/solid would be nice too, although the metallic looks good.
I'm told metallic blue doesn't re-sale well, no issue if you trade though.
Moonwalk grey looks good and I've always liked red Minis.

Matt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts