Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Sydney, Australia.
New to the forum but not really new to minis (we're on mini number 5 now!).
Collected the wife's new F55 Cooper S a couple of weeks ago after a 5 month wait (special factory order).
Loving all the technology and refinement (when she lets me drive it!).
She's already complaining that its too quiet and its not as 'fun' as her R56 Cooper D - so will be ordering a JCW tuning kit/exhaust when they become available in oz.
Cheers 9c1

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome and good luck. Should be developing kit for 5 door......it's a good investment:)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Collected the wife's new F55 Cooper S a couple of weeks ago after a 5 month wait (special factory order).
She's already complaining that its too quiet and its not as 'fun' as her R56 Cooper D - so will be ordering a JCW tuning kit/exhaust when they become available in oz.
Cheers 9c1
Looks awesome! Is this purchased from North Shore BMW?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks awesome! Is this purchased from North Shore BMW?
Hi Jonathan,
Thanks mate! We've bought all our MINI's from North Shore (except for the classic). Dennis and the guys there are fantastic and always look after us. Would highly recommend them if you're looking for a mini!:)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Cheers 9c1
Hi Justin looks great electric blue is a lovely colour :D??

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Jonathan,
Thanks mate! We've bought all our MINI's from North Shore (except for the classic). Dennis and the guys there are fantastic and always look after us. Would highly recommend them if you're looking for a mini!:)
Yep I've just bought a JCW from Dennis and Alistair. Awaiting delivery Dec/Jan... the long hard wait begins

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone in Australia had news of the JCW Tuning Kit & Exhaust becoming available for the F55?

I checked with my dealer in July and they thought it was a couple of months away back then.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Has anyone in Australia had news of the JCW Tuning Kit & Exhaust becoming available for the F55?

I checked with my dealer in July and they thought it was a couple of months away back then.
Hi liam77 - I've heard there's a chance it will be available in October - but like everything else that comes from overseas these days, it won't be cheap in oz!:(

Heard on the grapevine the fitted rrp might be about $4.8k for the kit with the carbon fibre tips or $4.5k with the chrome ones for both the F55 & F56 in oz.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi liam77 - I've heard there's a chance it will be available in October - but like everything else that comes from overseas these days, it won't be cheap in oz!:(

Heard on the grapevine the fitted rrp might be about $4.8k for the kit with the carbon fibre tips or $4.5k with the chrome ones for both the F55 & F56 in oz.
Yowch you could get an aftermarket (ie. Remus) fitted for half that price, I guess you pay the premium for the real JCW one but it's a hefty premium in Australia. :crying:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi liam77 - I've heard there's a chance it will be available in October - but like everything else that comes from overseas these days, it won't be cheap in oz!

Thanks for the info 9c1. Will check back in with the dealer in October and hope that they've brought that price down a bit.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks for the info 9c1. Will check back in with the dealer in October and hope that they've brought that price down a bit.
Keep us posted if you get any updated pricing or availability news.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Keep us posted if you get any updated pricing or availability news.
For anyone interested I had the JCW Tuning Kit & Exhaust fitted to my F55 Cooper S yesterday in Perth for $3831 all up. That included the chrome tips.

It's great, can notice a bit more power but mainly the sound of the new exhaust is awesome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
For anyone interested I had the JCW Tuning Kit & Exhaust fitted to my F55 Cooper S yesterday in Perth for $3831 all up. That included the chrome tips.

It's great, can notice a bit more power but mainly the sound of the new exhaust is awesome.
Hi Liam, I'd like to hear that exhaust.
Do you fancy joining clubMINI at Auto Classic at 08:00 this Sunday for a drive to Toodyay, stopping for breakfast in Chidlow.

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Liam, I'd like to hear that exhaust.
Do you fancy joining clubMINI at Auto Classic at 08:00 this Sunday for a drive to Toodyay, stopping for breakfast in Chidlow.

Mike
I won't make it to the drive sorry Mike, but if you see me (or hear me) driving around wave me down!

They had a demo car at Auto Classic a few weeks ago with the exhaust too, but it's probably been sold by now. It was a Moonwalk Grey F55.

·
Registered
266 Posts

Thanks Liam!

I will have to enquire about my dealer to see if they can give me a price for the exhaust minus the ECU tune (as I have a JCW)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I won't make it to the drive sorry Mike, but if you see me (or hear me) driving around wave me down!

They had a demo car at Auto Classic a few weeks ago with the exhaust too, but it's probably been sold by now. It was a Moonwalk Grey F55.
Thanks Liam, a White F55 MCS with the JCW kit turned up for today's drive, it is very loud! The owner's very happy with the kit. :D

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts