Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Leeds,
Previous R53 owner but had to get rid to make way for a company diesel (a 105 BHP Golf SE TDI of all things!). Fed up with driving VW diesels, although I have had the GTD and currently a Passat CC GT, but still opted out of the company car scheme and ordered a F56 MCS in Pepper white with most of the possible extras bar a few. I really can't wait to get behind a MCS again. Some reckon it's the start of my mid life crisis!
Unfortunately however, I've just had a call from the dealer to say that it won't be delivered in week 23 (early June) but now set for production in July with mid August delivery. This is due to the colour contrasting roof which is a little irksome. It's my wife I feel sorry for though, she'll have me nagging and moaning about it for the next 3 months or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ugh how frustrating! I'm still waiting for mine also pepper white and black roof. Have a similar date I think too! When did you order?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Matty. I am also from Yorkshire and this is my first post. I ordered a Cooper for my 76 year old mother on the launch weekend in March for delivery in May but got a call today to say car delayed due to contrasting roof issues. Dealer said that the machinery at factory needed some re-tooling and asked whether we would take car in red and have the roof painted black by the dealers body shop. Needless to say this kind offer was politely declined and I told the dealer in no uncertain terms that the car contrasting roof must be painted at the factory as part of the normal manufacturing process. Cannot believe that this was suggested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI, I ordered mine mid March, was told yesterday that if I have the roof in the same colour then it might be a little less time, but then this was retracted. I did originally think of having the body coloured roof, as you don't see that many S's around all one colour but decided for the black. Hey ho, what can you do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's an unbelievable suggestion from the dealer Mark. You clearly did the right thing by telling them where to go. It will be interesting to see if MINI offer a 'gesture of goodwill' to their customers due to the delay. I'm guessing not though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That's an unbelievable suggestion from the dealer Mark. You clearly did the right thing by telling them where to go. It will be interesting to see if MINI offer a 'gesture of goodwill' to their customers due to the delay. I'm guessing not though.
It might come down to how they think it might effect their brand, it they need to retain customers then it's likely we can see them offering a guesture of goodwill.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've ordered a different colour roof and my car is built (21st March) and awaiting delivery once they can get it out from all the diesels blocking it in!! lol

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I don't get the issue with the contrasting roofs.

Mine is and many others are and they were all delivered promptly.

I even saw a bunch of contrasting roofs MINIs at my dealer as early as March 7th!

Are they short supply of black paint?! ....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts