Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week after 4 years and 6 months of a BMW 1M Coupe I sold it... For just a bit more than what a paid for it in 2011...

So, I was looking for a small powerful car, as when we travel with the kids we use my wife´s X3.

A jcw is perfect for what I need. Las friday I went to my dealers and configure one.

Just a few doubts:

- Colour: Pepper white or Metallic white silver? With red roof
- Electronic suspension is it worth it?
- What about the hud?

Thanks!

· Registered
14 Posts
I have the electronic suspension and do like it, it is nice to be able to choose to have a comfortable ride on the highway, and when its time for fun it stiffens up nicely. Great for a road car, if you want just performance a coillover would be best.

Also have the HUD, i think it is a nice little feature, i rarely look at anything else.

As for the colour, too hard :D

· Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
Either colour; both lovely (and i hate normal silver!) . Love the hud, not got the suspension so cant comment other than to say it may well be pricey when it goes wrong!

· Registered
217 Posts
I think if you are used to the 1M you would do better with the standard sports suspension (which is firmer) than the adaptive one. I came from a M135 which is much softer than the 1M, but very well sorted and a great match for the characteristics of the straight six turbo, but am quite happy with the standard sports setup I got in my JCW. May eventually add an anti-roll kit as I tend to go all out on the mountain twisties, but the basics are pretty good already... :)

Reactions: Jelster and mon450

· Registered
2,082 Posts
^^^What he said! I love my JCW with sport suspension! I prefer midnight black metallic but either of your choices are fine! If I went Pepper White I'd go for a black roof though. If you go with the other white red roof would look great imo.

Good luck,

John

· Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Definitely go with the hud, i dont look at any other instrumentation, the hud has all you need. In sports mode, it ot only shows you the speed but also revs and gear. With navigation it also shows you turn by turn info.

As for suspension, i have the adaptive and even on the hard set up, with good seats, you dont really feel the hard bumps in the road.

As for colour, its purely a personal choice. I can tell you what i like but that wont help you. Go and have a look at the combinations on a real car as on the computer it can be a little deceptive.

Above all, the JCW is a lot of fun and a great car, good luck and enjoy.

· Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I'm coming in a bit late on this (obviously) but I would also take the HUD. I have the variable damping but now wish I had gone for the standard sports suspension as it will be easier to to add 3rd party springs etc.

Personally I wouldn't have gone for either of the white colours (lots around). The new Melted Silver is nice, but if I rolled back to when I selected mine, I would have gone with BRG & a red roof, but it's all down to personal taste, which is one of the great things about a Mini. When I had my M135 I found all the colours boring, and I actually wanted it in bright red, but BMW wanted about £3,500 for a special colour......

Hope you love the car when it arrives, had mine 7 months and it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. The novelty wore off of the M135 after about 3 months.

· Registered
29 Posts
Definitely go with the hud, i dont look at any other instrumentation, the hud has all you need. In sports mode, it ot only shows you the speed but also revs and gear. With navigation it also shows you turn by turn info.

As for suspension, i have the adaptive and even on the hard set up, with good seats, you dont really feel the hard bumps in the road.

As for colour, its purely a personal choice. I can tell you what i like but that wont help you. Go and have a look at the combinations on a real car as on the computer it can be a little deceptive.

Above all, the JCW is a lot of fun and a great car, good luck and enjoy.

Are you saying you get revs and gear on the HUD when in Sport mode ? I have a F54 with the HUD and don't get this and can see no setting to enable this.

· Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Yep, you do get those features on the HUD. Its selectable in the set up screen from the xl screen. You only get the rpm meter in sports mode but you do get gear in manual mode and the navigation in any driving mode.

Cant remember exactly where, will need take another look in the minitofind wher ed to select these features.

· Registered
217 Posts
Yep, you do get those features on the HUD. Its selectable in the set up screen from the xl screen. You only get the rpm meter in sports mode but you do get gear in manual mode and the navigation in any driving mode.

Cant remember exactly where, will need take another look in the minitofind wher ed to select these features.
Its in the settings menu for HUD (I think one of the top ones). If you select the box for sport, you get the speed/rpm and gear, but then can't see gps info on the HUD. If you deselect sport, then many other boxes open up including gps. Its my first car with HUD and I LOVE it! Means knowing speed and rpm at all times without taking your eye off the road - very useful!

· Registered
217 Posts
I'm coming in a bit late on this (obviously) but I would also take the HUD. I have the variable damping but now wish I had gone for the standard sports suspension as it will be easier to to add 3rd party springs etc.

Personally I wouldn't have gone for either of the white colours (lots around). The new Melted Silver is nice, but if I rolled back to when I selected mine, I would have gone with BRG & a red roof, but it's all down to personal taste, which is one of the great things about a Mini. When I had my M135 I found all the colours boring, and I actually wanted it in bright red, but BMW wanted about £3,500 for a special colour......

Hope you love the car when it arrives, had mine 7 months and it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. The novelty wore off of the M135 after about 3 months.
Big dittos both on how the novelty of my M135 wore off so quickly as well as how my JCW still puts a smile on my face every day I driver her! I also love the green with red roof/mirror/stripe combo I went for, very sporty but still shows a little elegance too! :)

Reactions: KYDan

· Registered
29 Posts
Its in the settings menu for HUD (I think one of the top ones). If you select the box for sport, you get the speed/rpm and gear, but then can't see gps info on the HUD. If you deselect sport, then many other boxes open up including gps. Its my first car with HUD and I LOVE it! Means knowing speed and rpm at all times without taking your eye off the road - very useful!
Had a look again and when I go the HUD options there is nothing for any driving mode at all. Maybe this is not an option on the F54 then.

· Registered
37 Posts
Check out the new Color melted silver it looks awesome. Black Roof is a must.
This is exactly the color I ordered. Been sitting at port since 04/19/2016.

F54 ALL4 Cooper S

C2K Melting Silver Mettallic
NYIB Indigo Blue Leather
383 Roof and Mirrors in Black

Can't wait, and my first MINI...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.