Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm from Sussex near Brighton and have a 2012 Mini Cooper R56 from new.

Decided to upgrade to the F56, so ordered a new Cooper S and expecting to pick it up early september.

Thunder Grey
Black roof, stripes and mirror caps.
17" Tentacle Alloys
Satellite Grey lounge Leather seats
Satellite Grey colour line
Black chequered trim
Chilli Pack
Media XL pack
LED headlights and fogs
JCW spoiler and steering wheel
Chrome line exterior
Chrome line interior
Heated screen
Heated seating
Head up display
Harmon Kardon system
Driver assist pack
Plus a few other bits 'n pieces
:laugh:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hah!

I just couldn't stop myself, I just kept ticking the boxes and going through the options again and again.
Current Mini is specced pretty high, but always wished I had gone for the Cooper S for that bit more power - particularly for safe overtaking (not for the whizzing around fun bit you understand).
Took a Roadster S out, but decided to wait for the new Mini.
Went to the dealers on launch day and new I had to have one....

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hah!

I just couldn't stop myself, I just kept ticking the boxes and going through the options again and again.
Current Mini is specced pretty high, but always wished I had gone for the Cooper S for that bit more power - particularly for safe overtaking (not for the whizzing around fun bit you understand).
Took a Roadster S out, but decided to wait for the new Mini.
Went to the dealers on launch day and new I had to have one....
Don't worry about it going spec nuts is what we are all good for

Including me!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mac, you thought about adding variable damper control with those 17" wheels ? People say it is brilliant if you want a more comfortable ride form time to time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mac, you thought about adding variable damper control with those 17" wheels ? People say it is brilliant if you want a more comfortable ride form time to time.
Well I asked about it at the time, and the guys at the dealers couldn't really give me a definite answer about the technical details so I decided to leave it off the list.
I elected not to spec run flats so the ride should be ok.
The test car I drove had the same wheels but with run flats fitted, and it thought the ride was pretty good. So hopefully mine should ride better....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts