Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Congrats Paul looking very nice I just don't know how you wait , we picked up ours two weeks ago after the long wait.
More love for the F56 over here Paul lol it seems to raise a few eyebrows yet , but how can people judge it until they have driven it on an extensive test drive.
I keep seeing people having a good look when we are out and about

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats Paul looking very nice I just don't know how you wait , we picked up ours two weeks ago after the long wait.
More love for the F56 over here Paul lol it seems to raise a few eyebrows yet , but how can people judge it until they have driven it on an extensive test drive.
I keep seeing people having a good look when we are out and about
Thanks Derek I'm decorating atm and going away in a week so something to look forward too when I get back :D
I still go on total mini but there's not a lot going on for the f56 so I'm moving over here ??
Your new one looks beautiful Derek you been putting a few miles on her :D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Very Nice! I think the std JCW cloth sport seats look the best with Pepper White.

Enjoy,

John

P.S. When you figure out how to install the JCW lanyard to the key fob, let me know...I cannot figure it out! :)

Reactions: Paul storey

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Thanks Derek I'm decorating atm and going away in a week so something to look forward too when I get back :D
I still go on total mini but there's not a lot going on for the f56 so I'm moving over here ??
Your new one looks beautiful Derek you been putting a few miles on her :D
Yes that's a good idea something to take you mind of the wait:D

I think like any big change in any brand you get the people than use there head and take a open view to decide if it's for then then you get others that want to hate it as it's better in different ways they just can't accept but after they start hearing owners of R53 R56 then F56 give open honest views it leave them speechless lol
Seen this plenty with new M4 all the V8 loyal owners slagging off the new M4 without going out for drive, when they forget what great cars like e46 csl had under bonnet >:D

Thanks re new car yes the wife is clocking up the miles lol I have offered her the Beemer but she just said no , I have had a few minor detours and absolutely love it all be it the Rev match has taken me a while to get the best out of it did not like at all for start but starting to get it know.
Just want to take it up to Scottish highlands some weekend for mini tour:D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very Nice! I think the std JCW cloth sport seats look the best with Pepper White.

Enjoy,

John

P.S. When you figure out how to install the JCW lanyard to the key fob, let me know...I cannot figure it out! :)
Thanks I really like the standard seats and yes they go great with the white I didn't go mad on options to keep the cost down but she's looking very nice :D
I'll let you know about the lanyard ??

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes that's a good idea something to take you mind of the wait:D

I think like any big change in any brand you get the people than use there head and take a open view to decide if it's for then then you get others that want to hate it as it's better in different ways they just can't accept but after they start hearing owners of R53 R56 then F56 give open honest views it leave them speechless lol
Seen this plenty with new M4 all the V8 loyal owners slagging off the new M4 without going out for drive, when they forget what great cars like e46 csl had under bonnet >:D

Thanks re new car yes the wife is clocking up the miles lol I have offered her the Beemer but she just said no , I have had a few minor detours and absolutely love it all be it the Rev match has taken me a while to get the best out of it did not like at all for start but starting to get it know.
Just want to take it up to Scottish highlands some weekend for mini tour:D
I'm counting down now Derek less than three week ???
Exactly it's always the same when a new model comes out everybody slates it must admit I didn't like the look of the f56 at first but when I saw the jcw kit on one and took out a jcw I was sold cracking car plus the interior is so modern compared to the r56 :D:D
You go to any car shows ?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
......must admit I didn't like the look of the f56 at first but when I saw the jcw kit on one and took out a jcw I was sold cracking car plus the interior is so modern compared to the r56......

Right on! The F56 absolutely rocks and it's light years ahead of earlier generations. The 1st gen will always be special....but even back then there tended to be too many "cutsie things" attached to the car.

The F56 is all business!! :D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm counting down now Derek less than three week ???
Exactly it's always the same when a new model comes out everybody slates it must admit I didn't like the look of the f56 at first but when I saw the jcw kit on one and took out a jcw I was sold cracking car plus the interior is so modern compared to the r56 :D:D
You go to any car shows ?
Same here Paul the wife did not like it for start seen a good few and it was not cutting it for her until we seen a cooper s with the kit and she said that's the one i like it had the same stripped seats as yours that i was keen on but its her car and she loved the alcantara so bang went my stripes and another £1000 :eek:

Yes looks have grown on me and the jump in quality from R56 cooper s we had for 7 years was huge , and the power delivery and drive ability great just so good and so much people stare at it

Car shows none that are mini only apart from my Annual Goodwood FOS trip each year and loads of motorsport stuff, but will have to get out for some meets with the mini and shows as i orginise a meet at mine each year and always some very nice motors arrive :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Forgot thanks to Dave (davo56) I have a jcw pro addiction now ??
Hi Paul,not long now....the wait will be def worth it>:D Glad I wont have to worry about '65 plate coming out soon;)

I thought addicts had a slow drip feed......not all at one go:laugh: All my pro parts are still intact except one vent cover that keeps popping up on top edge,probably didn't keep pressure on it long enough initially. Haven't fitted side scuttles yet......not 100% sure!
900 miles in with shift lights now sussed..:).......soon be time to try out the Racechip
A few weeks then time to get polishing.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

Enjoy,

John

John i fitted our Key Cap and Lanyard when we got the car the pin on the back side about 3mm across flats push a small punch and push the pin out , then slip on and push pin back in.
for key cap be very careful the back of key has slot about 10mm wide and they say use a screw driver to pries the back off i tried this but was worried it was going to break so i used one of my plastic trim removal tools with the blade the same width of the slot and thin but very strong i pushed that in slowly and it clicked out the back of the key and allowed me to unclip the Key Cap from sides of key body.
Then to slide the new one on, but just be very carefull as would be very easy to break back of key and i strongly recommend using the trim tool to do it rather than a screwdriver unless you wrap tape on screw driver.

This is the kit i have had for years its great the one 4 from the left is what i used and as tapered just pushed in to gap slowly:)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2912...ICEP3.0.0-L&ff14=122&viphx=1&ops=true&ff13=80

·
Registered
457 Posts

Enjoy,

John

Figured it out yet John? Just push against the small round pin on the lanyard and the head with mini logo will come out. Half moon portion fits back through half moon end of removeable key once lanyard is slipped over key.;)
Good luck.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Same here Paul the wife did not like it for start seen a good few and it was not cutting it for her until we seen a cooper s with the kit and she said that's the one i like it had the same stripped seats as yours that i was keen on but its her car and she loved the alcantara so bang went my stripes and another £1000 :eek:

Yes looks have grown on me and the jump in quality from R56 cooper s we had for 7 years was huge , and the power delivery and drive ability great just so good and so much people stare at it

Car shows none that are mini only apart from my Annual Goodwood FOS trip each year and loads of motorsport stuff, but will have to get out for some meets with the mini and shows as i orginise a meet at mine each year and always some very nice motors arrive :D
My fourth new mini Derek first was a laser blur 07 mcs was a cracking car kept it till I bought a new 62 reg all black mcs but should have got a jcw so next was a 63 reg chilli red jcw which I have sold while waiting for this new pepper white one coming ???
It would be great if this forum did a few national shows to all get together and see each other's cars and have a good old chat ??

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.