Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my clubbie with a new mini. But don't want the hassle of tow bar (expense too), can we fit a normal, universal bike carrier onto the back door please? I'm thinking of the 5 door cooper d.
Due to expense, getting a tow bar fitted isn't an option, and I can't get bikes on the roof physically!
Thanks in advance.

Love Ally , barnsley South yorks x

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm looking to replace my clubbie with a new mini. But don't want the hassle of tow bar (expense too), can we fit a normal, universal bike carrier onto the back door please? I'm thinking of the 5 door cooper d.
Due to expense, getting a tow bar fitted isn't an option, and I can't get bikes on the roof physically!
Thanks in advance.

Love Ally , barnsley South yorks x
Welcome aboard

Im replacing my clubby on the 14th with a 5 door cooper sd,not sure on the bike rack.
Oh and im west yorks,halifax

·
Registered
441 Posts
The F56 does not have a towbar option as it's not homologated for towing.

However, you can get "bike rack preparation" as an option which has a second towing eye on the back, for use with the official MINI cycle carrier.

Third party cycle carriers usually have their own "suitable for" lists - but since the F56 is new it may not be on the lists yet.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi All

I am about to purchase an F55 Cooper, and though it was about time I said hello since I have been reading this forum for a few weeks.

I have had many cars over the years, but there are very few that have a special place in my heart like a Mini. Before I could drive I had rebuilt a Classic Mini A series engine for a kit car my Dad was building, and this lead to many happy years of Classic Mini ownership and modification. My last modified Classic Mini was running a Turbo Charged A+ 1293 (1275 with first stage overbore) putting out 157 bhp at the wheels, and the last Classic Mini i owned from new was one of the 200 Cooper 35’s made in 1996, which we only sold from the family in 2007.

We had a early New Mini, which was bit of a disaster, but was much loved even with all it faults, so fingers crossed they have moved things on (at least a little bit)

The other car love of my life is Caterham / Lotus 7s, which I currently have a 2011 ex racer, which has been put back onto the road, but it's a bit hardcore for day to day use, given the lack of windscreen, roof, doors and heater. Just remember that next time you moan about MINI’s option list ;)

So lets see what I order

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooh will look forward to seeing what you buy then! ?

I don't really understand the towing eye thing. It sounds expensive lol!
If it's a mini thing it will be I think.

Do you think it isn't actually possible to carry bikes on the back with a rear carrier?
Thanks again!

Ooh Halifax is nearby! Hi will wave as we pass! ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry! Just re read your post and saw that our mini might not have been out long enough yet.

Could they be carried on the back of the last model please? If they could then I imagine this should be ok too?

Thanks again!

Love Ally x

Ps I have posted again elsewhere, as I couldn't find this post. Derr!

Thanks x

·
Super Moderator
8,012 Posts
Yes def was a bike carrier for the r56 and the fseries. The towing eyes have slots that the rack slides into. Great design.

·
Super Moderator
8,012 Posts
Yes the bmw bike rack slides in . The prep includes tail light electrics prep too. Well worth ordering If you're not sure since as posted elsewhere it's a mare of a retro fit. Never seen an alternative from Thule etc but .....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.