Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.

I don't currently own a Mini (never have) but thinking about getting one.

First of all i am disabled and i'm on Motability (for those unfamiliar with Motability it's basically a leasing service where i get a new car every 3 years with free roadside assistance, repairs, insurance and road tax).

I'm interested in the Cooper S 3Door Automatic (Has to be Automatic due to my disability) and just have a couple questions if that's ok.

- Reliability, i heard some bad things about the 1st Generation of Mini's but what are they like now?

- Is the Chilli pack worth it?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Don't panic about what you read ,forums attract a concentration of fault owners and th e r e are thousands of happy mk 1,2and now 3second gen minis On the rd.we've had four minis all 100% reliable and very cheap to run.bought one initially because our brand new Hyundai i20 was so unreliable, yes the one with the 5 year warranty! Currently on an f56 cooper the best yet imo, and our 1year old roadster s wonderful cars and wouldn't drive anything else.

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Oops and yes think the chilli pack good but then I bought the Cooper rather than the Cooper s so I could load it with toys. Take a test drive and you will buy one!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oops and yes think the chilli pack good but then I bought the Cooper rather than the Cooper s so I could load it with toys. Take a test drive and you will buy one!
Essentially what I did, that and because the standard Cooper had better economics. Don't think I'll get the quoted 78mpg, but any improvement over my Ford Focus' 50mpg is welcome. I loaded it up until I topped my budget (I'm £3.33 over budget on my monthly payments) and I couldn't be more excited!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts