Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Mini Cooper 2.0 SD 7SEVEN
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
i have a 2016 mini cooper sd and was wondering if mini stoped doing the hidden compartment above the glove box or is mine stuck? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi all
i have a 2016 mini cooper sd and was wondering if mini stoped doing the hidden compartment above the glove box or is mine stuck? Does anyone know?
well mines a 16 plate 2016 and it did not come with the secret compartment, and when asked at the time i was told they are discontinued so i would say they finished end of 2015

i retrofitted mine, not very hard to do, the hardest part is finding a 2nd hand one that works, took me too attempts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it a straight forward to do. Just pop off the front shiny bit that should be the door, then do you have to cut anything?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Was it a straight forward to do. Just pop off the front shiny bit that should be the door, then do you have to cut anything?
no nothing to cut, it should look like this, but you will need to remove the display and left hand vent, as the vent covers part of the cover,
the cover should just pop out, but i used plastic removal tools to prise it off carefully
117110039_10222188724576621_4599698764752317628_n.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no nothing to cut, it should look like this, but you will need to remove the display and left hand vent, as the vent covers part of the cover,
the cover should just pop out, but i used plastic removal tools to prise it off carefully
View attachment 71192 View attachment 71192
Thats great im going to have to do that thanks for sharing that.
Is that the stereo control unit behind the centre display?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thats great im going to have to do that thanks for sharing that.
Is that the stereo control unit behind the centre display?
yep, mine is just the standard visual boost without sat nav, the sat nav version is twice as deep just depends which system you have

·
Registered
mini cooper SD 2015
70 Posts
i have the compartment and its extremely small i cant even fit my iphone into it to much work for so little gain i wouldnt bother

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mini used to have an option, 493 - Storage Compartment Pack (also included in some build year Pepper and Chilli packs), that some websites say included this. What is interesting is this post about an order for a new Mini Electric lists the pack as part of the build. I guess anyone with option 493 listed as part of their factory spec can check if they have the extra compartment.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mini used to have an option, 493 - Storage Compartment Pack (also included in some build year Pepper and Chilli packs), that some websites say included this. What is interesting is this post about an order for a new Mini Electric lists the pack as part of the build. I guess anyone with option 493 listed as part of their factory spec can check if they have the extra compartment.

I have the storage pack, but no secret box. The secret glovebox was dropped in 2015 permanently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the secret glove box was only put in the 2014 models of the series 3. I have one in my 2014 MCS, but didn't have one in my 2015 Mini Cooper D, so I fitted one, I bought one complete from Ebay for around £40, plus delivery. They are difficult to find sometimes but do come up - just keep checking Ebay from time to time. You can also buy them from the dealer but they are quite expensive...(Dealer prices,lol)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts