Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Loving my new Cooper S!

Wondered if anyone else thought the seating position was a bit high on the F56?

I'm 5ft 11 and have the seat wound down as low as it will go but still feel like i'm sitting on the car rather than in is, i'd love to be able to lower the seat another 3-4".

A colleague at work has an R53 Cooper S on 17" Wheels (Same as mine) and that is a heck of a lot lower.

My previous car was an MX5 and that was really low, ive owned an R53 & R56 and they were both lower than this.

Anyone else noticed they feel a bit "perched"?

Cheers

·
Registered
890 Posts
I am 5ft 10 ish, and find the driving position suits me fine, in fact sometimes I find myself repositioning myself to sit a bit more upright as I tend to slump down in the seat after a while!
We are all different though and a lot depends on what you are used to, of course.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I had an mx5 before the f56 as well and at 5'10" i cant say i feel to high in the mini but of course it feels very different to the mx's driving position. What seats do you have?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
When I first drove an F56 the seating seemed higher than my R56. I think the seat height may be slightly higher, and the relatively odd dimensions of the interior mess up your perception of seat height, accentuating the impression of greater height.

But if you are not coming from a prior generation MINI, your visual preconceptions wouldn't apply.

I guess somebody could measure the seat heights of an R model versus an F model...

·
Registered
235 Posts
The position is slightly higher than the R56, but I don't have any problems and I am 6' 3".

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Pepper I am 5,7 it took me about 20 Min to find the perfect seating position between the adjust. Steering Wheel the up/down lever on the left front and the back rest. Keep on trying.:D

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
I agree with littleblackdog, seatingfelt much lower to me in the f56 compared to my r56 cooper s.much sportier. Very comfy too.feel held in whereas I rolled around in the r56.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pepper I am 5,7 it took me about 20 Min to find the perfect seating position between the adjust. Steering Wheel the up/down lever on the left front and the back rest. Keep on trying.:D
This is why I wish they offered memory seats. My wife and I trade off driving the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts