Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a absolute sell out!!! Mini only giving it to the highest spenders even though its a cost option on lesser models 馃憥馃く

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to who ever pays the most? 馃く
Or first come first served perhaps 馃

Registered
All manufacturers doing this kind of thing. Audi - only can get pan roof if you go for the top Vorsprung spec

Premium Member
Tis true, we have just taken delivery of our Cayman GTS and it came with one key and no manuals. Got to wait for three months for them

Registered
What a absolute sell out!!! Mini only giving it to the highest spenders even though its a cost option on lesser models 馃憥馃く
It's also available on MINI Electric Collection, MINI Electric Shadow Edition, and MINI John Cooper Works Anniversary Edition.

Registered
Um, not really, that's what all car makers do. It is frustrating, as if I was going for an Electric I would want the panoramic roof - which like HK is only available on level 3 and above, and not an option on the lower levels. MINI for a while now have been trying to reduce the number of build combinations at the factory. They say it simplifies their operations and gives better residuals on the cars.

Registered
Whoa! Why can鈥檛 this be a feature reintroduced on orders of Clubman JCWs 馃槨 I鈥檓 still scheduled for production so would love to add it on.

Registered
Whoa! Why can鈥檛 this be a feature reintroduced on orders of Clubman JCWs I鈥檓 still scheduled for production so would love to add it on.
I am sure they would if they had the stock, after all it would make them more money, but clearly stock is 鈥渞ationed鈥 or whatever so only offered on certain trim/models. I am the same, my Countryman JCW starts build soon, but it is what it is. Will have to go the audison route if it bothers me that
Much

Registered
My Countryman was built in July with a partial h/k system. It's still sat at the dealers waiting for the correct h/k amp with no clear guidance from MINI on when the amps will be available. It was originally scheduled for delivery in late April/early May.

Registered
My Countryman was built in July with a partial h/k system. It's still sat at the dealers waiting for the correct h/k amp with no clear guidance from MINI on when the amps will be available. It was originally scheduled for delivery in late April/early May.
SURELY now that they are offering HK with some models, they would finish off the in progress ones.

Registered
SURELY now that they are offering HK with some models, they would finish off the in progress ones.
Yeah, you'd think. If they've only just re-introduced the h/k on to these cars then they probably know they've got a few months to source the parts looking at the lead times people are being quoted for delivery.

I've been talking to someone on Facebook that has just recently picked up a new Countryman that was held up waiting for the h/k amp. It's starting to look like his dealer has sent him away with the temporary amp and not told him to get the car out before the end of August to bring their sales figures up. He's taken it back today and they're saying it sounds fine even though the amp in his car looks different to one in another Countryman with h/k and he is unable to access the amplifier settings in Bimmercode, which he should be able to do with the correct h/k equipment. He's actually just messaged me again and surprise, surprise they've discovered he has the wrong amp and they'll be in touch when they find out what's going on.

Registered
Yeah, you'd think. If they've only just re-introduced the h/k on to these cars then they probably know they've got a few months to source the parts looking at the lead times people are being quoted for delivery.

I've been talking to someone on Facebook that has just recently picked up a new Countryman that was held up waiting for the h/k amp. It's starting to look like his dealer has sent him away with the temporary amp and not told him to get the car out before the end of August to bring their sales figures up. He's taken it back today and they're saying it sounds fine even though the amp in his car looks different to one in another Countryman with h/k and he is unable to access the amplifier settings in Bimmercode, which he should be able to do with the correct h/k equipment. He's actually just messaged me again and surprise, surprise they've discovered he has the wrong amp and they'll be in touch when they find out what's going on.
Nightmare. I had heard about some getting 鈥渢emp鈥 amps, and would be called back in when 鈥減roper鈥 one arrived.

Registered
Clearly, a statement coming from someone not living in the one and only developed nation on the planet with for-profit corporate healthcare...
Indeed. I鈥檓 glad that you agree with my point that provision of slightly better sound is not a life or death issue.

Registered
This all sounds like a great capitolist pportunity in a year or two for somebody to sell a great replacement option.

Premium Member
Nipped into my local BWW dealer yesterday to enquire about a 3 series touring. Initially I was told no wireless charging or HK in the tech pack, but when we configured a car on the system the HK was available. So the situation is very fluid. The other info was that I was told that all of their cars have been put back and if I ordered now I probably wouldn鈥檛 see the car until Q2 2022. Clearly the situation isn鈥檛 good and isn鈥檛 improving anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts