Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone holding back on a new F56 till all the problems are ironed out, lot of my friends holding on to their mini for about a year before getting an F56. By then some cars should have done 30000+ miles and any engine, gearbox, clutch or other mechanical faults should start to show and how BMW deal with it. Been a few problems already and wonder how many will hold back to all the little niggles are sorted.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I've order a new car and I'm not overly concerned, I'm certainly not putting it off 6 months. New cars will always have a few niggles - nature of the beast - but the thing is anything that isn't quite right will be fixed, even if it is a little inconvenient at times!!
+1!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had some issues with the 07 model, like overheating, sunroof breaking down, steering wheel etc., but I'm holding off at the moment cos the Coupe is only 2.5 years old :-(

·
Registered
281 Posts
Anyone holding back on a new F56 till all the problems are ironed out, lot of my friends holding on to their mini for about a year before getting an F56. By then some cars should have done 30000+ miles and any engine, gearbox, clutch or other mechanical faults should start to show and how BMW deal with it. Been a few problems already and wonder how many will hold back to all the little niggles are sorted.
I came from the completely opposite direction - my previous mini was out of warranty and I was piling on the miles (not hugely compared to many) but I feared I could be entering the potentially expensive period where, if anything did go wrong, it had to be paid for out of my pocket. At least with new, if faults develop, the warranty will cover it . Anyway, that's what I told my wife !!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Life is too short.

I took delivery of my F56 MCS last month and nearly 2,500 miles later everything is going well, not a single problem.

You can be unlucky and buy a lemon at any point during a model's life cycle.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I tend to start looking for a new car after they reach 3 years old, or the warranty expires.

Wouldn't it be great if Mini offered a lifetime or 100,000 mile warranty like Vauxhall do. Let's face it, you'd need it with a Vauxhall, but I'd certainly hold onto my Mini's for longer if I had a much longer warranty!

Reactions: palgt1

·
Registered
471 Posts
Although you have to pay for it, Mini do give you an option not only to take the 5 year warranty out but to extend that to 8 years ( a further three when the five runs out) with TLC and TLC XL. It's one of the reasons I chose the Mini brand, I plan to keep this mini - when it arrives! - for a long time and with the extended warranties on offer this will definitely help.

·
Registered
340 Posts
TLC is a servicing package, not a warranty. It's certainly worth taking though, when it costs in the region of £200-£300 for servicing. It covers things like filters, spark plugs & oil, but if your brakes need doing, you have to pay for them. I'd rather go somewhere else for brakes, as many places such as Halfords will replace them for free when they need doing again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts