Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry me again. **** new mini gazillion questions. :)

My welcome lights are working. I unlock the car and on they come.

However, my home lights are not working. I have them set to 20 seconds. But when I switch the car off lights go out. I get out of the car and lock the car again nothing. My indicators flash and that's it. There is no lights.

Ideas please. Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I leave mine on auto lights and work fine, pretty sure if you turn the lights to off they don't work!
Continental Europe Car. Daylight lights compulsory. So no auto lights. Switch set to lights on all the time. They turn on and off with the engine automatically.

·
Registered
769 Posts
By home lights do you mean the low beam headlights stay lit for a short time? What is called Pathways lights in the car menu? I believe you have to flick the headlight flasher before you exit the vehicle.

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By home lights do you mean the low beam headlights stay lit for a short time? What is called Pathways lights in the car menu? I believe you have to flick the headlight flasher before you exit the vehicle.
In my car (European version) the menu item is called home lights. I believe they are one and the same. Tried the stalk (pulled towards me so the lights flashed and away from me) however = 0 result.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Make sure before you get out of your car that neither the engine or ignition is still on, like me I tend to only press the START button once to turn the car off, get out and lock it as this shuts down the rest of the equipment left on. If you only press START once then the ignition is left on and therefore pulling the high beam stalk to activate the Home Lights will just result in a single flash as you've demonstrated.

Make sure the ignition isn't on, so when getting out of the car press START twice to shut everything off - then pull the stalk and the dipped beam will stay lit for your set twenty seconds.

If that doesn't work then your car has been coded differently. 0:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Make sure before you get out of your car that neither the engine or ignition is still on, like me I tend to only press the START button once to turn the car off, get out and lock it as this shuts down the rest of the equipment left on. If you only press START once then the ignition is left on and therefore pulling the high beam stalk to activate the Home Lights will just result in a single flash as you've demonstrated.

Make sure the ignition isn't on, so when getting out of the car press START twice to shut everything off - then pull the stalk and the dipped beam will stay lit for your set twenty seconds.

If that doesn't work then your car has been coded differently. 0:)
Ha! I was just about to post the solution to this thread. Well done mate! Dealer and I have just worked this one out after 20 minutes of fiddling. You are spot on. Ignition must be off-off. I was locking the car like you. No home lights then! Problem solved. Ps. I just wish they would explain such things in the user manual.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great!! Thanks. What it does not make much sense is having to flash the high headlights before. All my other cars have had the Follow me Home function enabled by default. Who remembers to flash anytime you leave the car?
I guess the idea is that sometimes when you park in the dark you don't want to draw attention to yourself. It would however make more sense that in such case you pull the lever and select such option as for most part you park at home and want this feature to be automatic.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Great!! Thanks. What it does not make much sense is having to flash the high headlights before. All my other cars have had the Follow me Home function enabled by default. Who remembers to flash anytime you leave the car?
Yeah I somewhat agree with you, I'd prefer it if it did it by itself - previous vehicles that my dad has owned such as the Range Rover Sport did this automatically... If the lights were enabled via the sensor then the lights would stay on after you got out of the car for the pre-set time.

·
Registered
641 Posts

:eek:
I have read twice to be sure having understood.
Such a stupid thing realized in such a complicated way (the feature not your explanation...of course!)

I understand why they have lost all the wars...

PS: the problem can be linked to the Microsoft bigger mistery: why push Start to turn something off?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I never use it, no need... So, not a very usefull function for me. The other family car works the same way (volvo v40), flash the high beam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.