Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hovebiker wrote: Delivered yesterday.....first thoughts....after 23 miles...I miss my R50...it was small and simple....on R50 you put it in gear and drive it with my TomTom stuck to the windsreen....with engine temp/oil press on the dials.....this seems huge and complicated...gongs and noises going off....engine keeps shutting down and got stuck at traffic lights unable to start.....£23K later not sure what I have done ?.....awful manual clearly translated from German......

Hi Hovebiker, like you, I've owned earlier model MINIs (BMW-built Mk.1 & 2), and I traded in a R56 model - the first I'd owned with Auto Stop/Start. Believe me, the F56 is such a vast improvement that you'll end up loving your new car. Just take it for a nice long drive and get used the new functions like Auto Stop/Start (which, incidentally, has been updated & improved on the new car). The new 3-pot engine, refinement, comfort, build-quality & economy of my new F56 are giving me great pleasure (in common with most other owners on this forum), so it's a shame your first impressions are not favourable. With regards to the manual, it's no better/worse than most - but that's what your dealer is for! Go and ask them to explain whatever you don't understand.

I wish you well - relax & enjoy your new MINI !!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Don't worry HoveBiker it's just a question of getting used to it... it's all different and unfamiliar. My first few journeys I was indicating all over the place (trying to cancel, then indicating the other direction)... I kept reaching for the key to turn the car off... and there was that time I went into reverse instead of first... much appreciated by the driver behind me I'm sure! And I went into sixth instead of reverse and proceeded slowly towards my garage door :) The other weekend I blindly followed mistress satnav into somebody's driveway... but that one's her fault!

It'll get better as you gain confidence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts