Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While puttering around my 2016 MINI F56 JCW HT with the motor off, I often listen to the sound system, but only in 15 minute stretches because the system "times out" and shuts off. Does anyone know of a way to bypass that feature? With cars that have (had) a proper key, you simply switched it to the Run position and you could play the radio until the battery died. Now, it shuts off, seemingly, at the worst possible moment (either in the middle of a great song, at the crux of a story or, when my hands are full of soap suds)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Not that I have found. Since there isn't a key or accessory position it makes the drive-in theater interesting. We just watch for the warning on the visual boot screen saying the system will be going to sleep and toggle the start button to keep it awake longer.

Curious how other manufactures handle this scenario.

·
Super Moderator
8,822 Posts
You only need to press the radio volume on off button to switch it back on again.no need to use the ignition. You do lose the steering wheel controls then though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
On the f56 ... i pressed the start button ...witgout pressing the clutch a few time to turn to on ...and played radion until ... i had to kickstart...

I havent tried on f56 ...

Also my f56 did not have visual boost ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.