Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Remove the semi-circular cap on the key? They gave me a JCW key cap but I can't seem to get the old one off.

2) Have messages show up in the "Office," using an iPhone 5s with latest iOS. I found a youtube video for a 2013 but I couldn't get that function working. I just see contacts and Messages always shows nothing.

·
Registered
998 Posts
1. You need to take the back off the key. Turn it to the side with MINI embossed down it, at the bottom theres a small notch. You need to use something like a screwdriver in here to prise the back off the key. Once this is done the cap will slide off.

2. This is how i have my iphone 5s set up and it receives texts in car:
Under settings/notification center, for messages set the alert style to 'alerts'
Turn on 'show in notifications center' and 'show on lock screen'

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree - the thing is huge no matter what color it is . . .

Hat - couldn't get the messages to appear after following your directions. No real worries as I'm not supposed to be messaging while I'm driving am i ;-D

·
Registered
508 Posts
I took mine off completely, because the surround is so damned bulky (and needlessly so!)! I hope someone makes a vastly slenderised version, and soon!
Someone on a US forum has already got a slimline surround modelled and talking about using a 3D printer to produce copies.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanted to do a follow up on the iPhone messages not showing up.

Someone at North American Motoring clued me in to a setting on the Bluetooth menu in the iPhone. By going to Settings/general/Bluetooth and selecting the Bluetooth connection for the mini, there's a check box for "send notifications". This must be checked for it to work.

As it does. Thanks again for the help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts