Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have my F55 on order with delivery due the week before launch..

I'm thinking of looking to see if I can change my wheels to some larger ones, but just wanted to know if anyone else has made any late changes. Will the delivery date change? Will the dealer get the 'ump?

I'm guessing both, but just end wanted to hear if anyone else has made any last minute changes?

Many thanks

Paul

·
Registered
441 Posts
The dealer software has a traffic light on it... green = changes wont affect date. amber = changes may affect date. red = no changes possible.

Ask the dealer

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi all

I have my F55 on order with delivery due the week before launch..

I'm thinking of looking to see if I can change my wheels to some larger ones, but just wanted to know if anyone else has made any late changes. Will the delivery date change? Will the dealer get the 'ump?

I'm guessing both, but just end wanted to hear if anyone else has made any last minute changes?

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul

This will depend on which stage your car is currently at during production. If your car has reached a certain stage, no amendments can be made. Your delivery date shouldn't change, but again that depends to what stage your car is at. My advice would be to phone or visit your dealer asap!!!

Your sales rep shouldn't get annoyed. You're spending more money at the end of the day! I've changed my spec about 5 times now!

Let us know how you get on :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys - I'll give them a call :0) wheels should be easy, but now I'm thinking enhanced Bluetooth too which may not be so do-able.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The sales person at the dealership thought we we're strange to change the spec on our MINI even though it was our money we were spending and them making even more profit out of us,but I think it was a case he just could not be bothered and it was too much trouble hence we are no longer buying from him or the dealership.

·
Registered
441 Posts
we are no longer buying from him or the dealership.
Oh dear, so you have cancelled your order? did you get your deposit back?

Name and shame the dealer - some people have had excellent experiences and some have had abysmal - maybe if we all start shopping at the good ones only, the message may get through! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
We did thankfully,but tbh as it was a total nightmare with this guy,I don't believe he still has a job as it was the worst experience of a car purchase I have ever made and there has been quite a few over the years more like a MINI nightmare rather than a MINI adventure.

I do agree there should be a section on dealer feedback to make people aware of the good and the very bad dealers.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well my dealership Williams Stockport couldn't have been more helpful throughout the process of both my first F56 (written off) and the second (on order). The saleswoman kept me up to date throughout the build without being prompted to by me, each status I got an email - she must have been checking all her customers' statuses daily. I even got a black bow on the top when I went to pick it up, and it was inside the dealership building in the "launch bay" ready for me to literally drive out the side of it!

That won't help you though because they are based in the North West.

I hear the Sytner group of companies is good and they are spread nationally - perhaps there is one local to you? My parents who live in Devon bought their F30 BMW from Ocean Torbay and are more than pleased with them... they have a MINI dealership too - but I guess that's also a bit far from Sussex.

Maybe some East Sussex based members can advise on a local, good dealership?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all - apologies, I thought I had replied the other day but it looks like it didn't post...

Spoke to the dealer the next day and bad news is I can't change my spec :0(....

... Because it's on its way from the factory!!!!!!! ����������������

Ah well, stops me spending more money, and quite excited, gonna try and go and see it on Saturday :0)

Dinger - who was your dealer? Chandlers in Brighton have been great for me

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi all - apologies, I thought I had replied the other day but it looks like it didn't post...

Ah well, stops me spending more money, and quite excited, gonna try and go and see it on Saturday :0)

Sorry to hear it was too late to change your spec!! Glad your car is on it's way now! Look forward to seeing some pictures after you've collected! :D

·
Registered
101 Posts

I wont name the dealer apart from saying there very large,but we are now using Chandlers at Hailsham who have been like a breath of fresh air as nothing is to much trouble for them.:)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I wont name the dealer apart from saying there very large,but we are now using Chandlers at Hailsham who have been like a breath of fresh air as nothing is to much trouble for them.:)
I was told that I'd have 2 to 3 days to change spec but after 2 the car had gone to 1200 status? and 'locked down' so I was told, and no further changes could be added. So after a week of complaints and feeling like no one gave a shite especially mini( who's attitude stank) the dealer reordered the at with the updates I wanted and said they would put the vehicle I ordered on the showroom or sell it later.
To be honest I don't, didn't like minis attitude at the time but after some badgering a the dealer came through

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
That was good of the dealer 2 in the family. Once in lockdown the car is being built. They told us on the factory tour that every mini is ordered ie either by us or by the dealer who then designs a spec he she thinks from their experience will sell.that way there aren't hoards of cars ever being stored atmini going rustyin pounds! As in the bad old days of Leyland.so your dealer has taken a (slight) risk but good for customer relations! Problem for them is that if it's there in the garage in stock us canny punters can negotiate a better discount and less profit for them!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine was produced Oct 29th and I tried to change the wheels at that time and was told no go by the dealer. I thought that was a little harsh as I had hoped a wheel swap would be quite easy. I went onto Mini UK and they said no after a week delay, so I ve tried some of the Chiefs at Mini and have had somewhat hopeful responses but we shall see. I m hoping to get mine this weekend fingers crossed for my correct choice of wheels ( I blame all you VOs as you changed my mind for the cup spokes!!)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mine was produced Oct 29th and I tried to change the wheels at that time and was told no go by the dealer. I thought that was a little harsh as I had hoped a wheel swap would be quite easy. I went onto Mini UK and they said no after a week delay, so I ve tried some of the Chiefs at Mini and have had somewhat hopeful responses but we shall see. I m hoping to get mine this weekend fingers crossed for my correct choice of wheels ( I blame all you VOs as you changed my mind for the cup spokes!!)
All of you? I think I'm the only VO with cup spokes here... lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts