Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New Cooper tomorrow:), how long does it take - roughly -

1 to sit and set up all the in car settings for the first time?
2 get to know the car properly in terms of what features it actually has got and how to operate it properly?

Probably 0 how long is a piece of string, but thought I might get a ball park idea!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Does it matter, considering you're likely gonna have it for years? I've had mine just 8 weeks but I'm still learning things (mind you, this is my first MINI). Enjoy your new car when it arrives!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Had mine 4 mths and still learning. Just this morning I found that although I had the electric folding mirrors, which angle down to aid parking when reversing, (ie helping to avoid curb rash) - it only activates if the button on the drivers door handle is set to adjust the drivers mirror - if set to adjust the passenger mirror then the parking feature doesn't work - mines been set in this position since picking the car up - such a divvy !!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Regarding my post above - I strongly recommend you follow MintMark on this forum ( the font of all knowledge) as I've just realised that he has already highlighted the issue of the 'parking mirror issue ' on another thread !!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Question 1: my dealer had the time set, radio tuned etc so that didn't need to be done, but I chose non-metric as my units of choice (HP instead of Watts, psi instead of bar etc), most of the rest of the stuff can be left at default until you have time to read the manual and have tried the car as it is.(stuff like the number of times the flasher flashes on the short flash setting for example)

question 2: I have had my Cooper for a couple of months and I am still finding out about features I never knew it had!

·
Registered
734 Posts
One thing I learned not so long ago... the tire pressure display only shows you a numeric reading if you're driving along at the time.

It doesn't take long to go through the menus and look at them... but some things have dedicated settings buried in the options part of the menu... you have to keep going right (or press the options button) to see that.

The satnav has loads of nested menus which I still haven't explored.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts