Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you Mark. Assembly was complete on 4/11. I'm hoping for delivery some time next week in Central London but my dealer won't make any promises. My preferred handover date (which was set by the dealer not me) is shown as 15/11. Surely they're not going to let it sit in a distribution centre for a week!! I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in the same boat as you Mark. Assembly was complete on 4/11. I'm hoping for delivery some time next week in Central London but my dealer won't make any promises. My preferred handover date (which was set by the dealer not me) is shown as 15/11. Surely they're not going to let it sit in a distribution centre for a week!! I'll keep you posted.
Thanks Mr.Tall!

Does seem like a long time! Having watched the Building Cars Live program and how quickly they look to move cars on, I'd hope hand over next week- but won't hold my breath!
I'll keep you up to date too!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hi all!
I found out yesterday that my JCW had been built! How long did UK owners have to wait for their car to arrive?!
Thanks!
Mark
Mother's JCW is due to be built Week 46, so week commencing this Monday (Monday 9th November) and she should take delivery Week 48, week commencing 23rd.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi,
Ordered my JCW Friday 25th September.
Whilst waiting I regularly checked the VIN on the BMW website and my MINI was built/production date/born on 19th October.
I took delivery yesterday.

My dealer did say at point of sign up that most F56 models with the exception of the Cooper S were coming through within 5 weeks.

I did think at one point that the JCW would be delayed due to the launch of the Clubman.

My dealer did keep me informed all of the way and their experience is that a UK customer usually receives delivery within 10 days of production.

Good luck and enjoy your new MINI
:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
So assembly was complete on 4 Nov. I've been chasing the dealer and today I found out the car is still at Oxford awaiting despatch. It's been in the car park there for 5 days now. Slightly longer than the 24 hours BBC said in the recent Building Cars Live documentary. Dealer said it could arrive tomorrow because the status shown online only shows its last known location. I'm not sure about this though. Fingers crossed. Could be delivery on Friday 13th delivery. This just happens to be my lucky day!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Would be interested to know if the new cars have the "proper" bezel around the centre of the dash.

Oh, and we need pictures, especially that one with the dodgy, sorry white, interior. Actually sounds quite nice...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Car arrived yesterday. I'm a very happy man indeed!

Piano black bezel BG the way. I'm happy with that though having asked my dealer when I ordered the car if I could spec it that way. I'm not a fan of the printed graphics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.