Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long from "Scheduled for Production" to "Ready for Transport"?

Ok, now that my MINI is "Scheduled for Production" according to the Owner's Lounge, how long does it normally take until the next item in the process "Ready for Transport"?

I guess what I am asking is for those of you who have monitored the "build" process of your new MINI, what did you find time-wise when monitoring the status in the MINI Owner's Lounge?

Once it actually starts to be physically built, how long does it normally take on the average, regardless of model? One day?...two days?...one week?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mine was Scheduled for production 21 August 2014

Enroute to the distribution center (getting to and on the boat) starting 15 September

Arrived in Baltimore 30 September

At the dealership 8 October

Needed the Airbag recall addressed...sent back to Baltimore

Picked it up at the dealership in Pittsburgh 18 October
Mr. Blue Sky happy healthy and home to stay

·
Registered
24 Posts
EB JCW 2015

Ordered: 4/21

Born: 4/27

Scheduled for Production 4/30

Awaiting Transport: 5/10

En Route 5/23

Still in transit. Expected to arrive 6/10

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EB JCW 2015

Ordered: 4/21

Born: 4/27

Scheduled for Production 4/30

Awaiting Transport: 5/10

En Route 5/23

Still in transit. Expected to arrive 6/10
Ok, so that's an auto JCW correct? Cause I placed my order on April 7th for a manual JCW (weren't making them yet...still waiting).

What does "born" mean?...assign the Production Number & VIN?

about 10 days to build, then approx 2 weeks to ship.

That overall timeline sounds rather good. Great color by the way...please post up pics so I can drool while I wait! :)

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, so that's an auto JCW correct? Cause I placed my order on April 7th for a manual JCW (weren't making them yet...still waiting).

What does "born" mean?...assign the Production Number & VIN?

about 10 days to build, then approx 2 weeks to ship.

That overall timeline sounds rather good. Great color by the way...please post up pics so I can drool while I wait! :)
Yeah, Mine is an automatic JCW.

"Born" is the date that the dealer told me that the chasis was built and assigned a VIN number. Once the Chasis makes it onto the production line, and all the doors and components start getting put in, that's when Production starts.

And believe me, there will be pictures galore when she finally arrives! Can't wait!

Good luck with yours. The wait is tough... just watch as many Youtube JCW videos as you can...then watch 'em again!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I guess it really depends on the slots that your dealership has at that moment. I waited for a month for my MCS to born. It takes about average of 5-8 days to build each mini.

Build - 4/25
Production week: Week 22
Born - 5/29 (the day that they have generated your VIN - ALREADY finished building)
At the port/loaded on vessel: 5/1

Happy Waiting!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, Mine is an automatic JCW.

"Born" is the date that the dealer told me that the chasis was built and assigned a VIN number. Once the Chasis makes it onto the production line, and all the doors and components start getting put in, that's when Production starts.

And believe me, there will be pictures galore when she finally arrives! Can't wait!

Good luck with yours. The wait is tough... just watch as many Youtube JCW videos as you can...then watch 'em again!
Well, I have the VIN (from looking at the order in the MINI owner's Lounge), so this is one reason I am wondering if maybe my little guy is being made already. I suppose I won't know until I either hear from the dealer or I see the next line-item "En Route" ticked off on the tracking chart in the Lounge.

I hear ya about the videos...they really help...good therapy! Looking forward to seeing the pics of your Electric Blue JCW...that color has really grown on me...I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

Enjoy!

John

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess it really depends on the slots that your dealership has at that moment. I waited for a month for my MCS to born. It takes about average of 5-8 days to build each mini.

Build - 4/25
Production week: Week 22
Born - 5/29 (the day that they have generated your VIN - ALREADY finished building)
At the port/loaded on vessel: 5/1

Happy Waiting!
Well, that was FAST! I am hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised....I wonder if MINI purposely pushes out the tentative build date so the buyer will be pleasantly surprised when they get the word their MINI has been built??? I cannot figure out why MINI estimated a build the 3rd week in June (after I really pushed hard to get some answers), and on the 26th of May I noticed the VIN in my order section in the Owner's Lounge for Tracking the build (although it still only says "Scheduled for Production")?

I wish they had more steps in the tracking process so we could follow along the build process. I know BMW does this in their plant in South Carolina (USA) for the X5's. Owner's know exactly where their car is located throughout the build process and you can track "assembly", "engine department", "paint", etc.

I guess the not knowing is just what's causing the anxiety, especially since I ordered the JCW with manual transmission (the "mystery" car of the 2015 F56 model year). Hopefully, time will tell just why in the heck MINI has chosen to not build these cars until "later" than the automatic transmission JCW's.

It's just dumb luck (or bad luck, whatever) that this is the car I wanted. It's been a really long wait since March...here it is in June I still do not know when the car will be made "for certain".

Hopefully, it'll all be good in the end! :|

·
Registered
162 Posts
I found the Mini Tracking to be a bit behind reality with mine. I was watching the boat sail in the English Channel before they told me it was on there. I had already started tracking with my VIN the cargo vessel. Also, it they had left port in Baltimore before Mini acknowledged it was on US soil.

I can't imagine they are all entered manually, but maybe scanned and the database uploads from another device.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Slight correction on something I said above. I see where "Waiting for Transport" comes after "Scheduled for Production". Then, third "En Route" is listed.

So, I'm still "Scheduled for Production". We'll see....may be best to just forget about it and quit looking in the Owner's Lounge, since the available information doesn't seem to be all that accurate anyway! :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Slight correction on something I said above. I see where "Waiting for Transport" comes after "Scheduled for Production". Then, third "En Route" is listed.

So, I'm still "Scheduled for Production". We'll see....may be best to just forget about it and quit looking in the Owner's Lounge, since the available information doesn't seem to be all that accurate anyway! :(
Haha! Good luck with that. The only real time I stopped checking the Owners lounge was after it was en-route. Then I switched to Wallenius website and vesselfinder for tracking.

http://www.2wglobal.com/ (Click on track & trace. Then copy and paste your VIN number in the Cargo ID field and it'll give you the boat your MINI is scheduled to ship on. Then you can track your ship on Vesselfinder.com)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha! Good luck with that. The only real time I stopped checking the Owners lounge was after it was en-route. Then I switched to Wallenius website and vesselfinder for tracking.

http://www.2wglobal.com/ (Click on track & trace. Then copy and paste your VIN number in the Cargo ID field and it'll give you the boat your MINI is scheduled to ship on. Then you can track your ship on Vesselfinder.com)

Thanks for that info!

·
Registered
50 Posts
By the way, have you try to call BMW? I called BMW, told them my production # and they were able to tell me my production week. They told me mine is scheduled for week #22 , which is May 25 - May 29, and I got my Vin on May 29!

You guys (people who lives at U.S.) are lucky! At least you can see your status at Mini Lounge! Here in Canada, we don't have access to Mini Lounge at all. All I can do is wait for my VIN, then track my mini on 2wglobal.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I remember this process like it was yesterday.. Made me feel like a kid again waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve. From the date I placed my order till my MCS was delivered to me was 41 days. We're here for you O2;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Same here pjsjr... what a process. I was going stir crazy... checking the website twice a day (I limited myself).

Mine was 8 weeks start to finish. For me, it took about 3 weeks to get the VIN. From there, it was that Christmas Eve feeling before they actually started bending metal and it took just about 7 days for them to get mine together. By far the worst part was the time between it spitting out the back of the factory and getting on a boat. I'd have to go back into the older threads on the forum to see exactly how long it really sat there waiting to get on a boat - I'm pretty sure it sat there for two weeks, but my visceral memory was that it sat there for two months ha. Once it was on the boat, tho... boom... things really went quickly (aside from the 4 or 5 days at the VDC)

·
Registered
11 Posts
We ordered our mini on April 16th and it arrived at the dealership in Tacoma, WA on June 4th. We're not able to pick it up until July 17th because we'll be out of state until then. We previously owned a 2004 GTI but decided to experience the go-kart feel. Our build is as follows:

Build - 2015 MINI S Hardtop 2 Door

British Racing Green II
Exterior Trim - Black
Rear Spoiler
Roof Rails
Roof Box Support System
MINI Roof Box
White Turn Signals
17" Black Cosmos Spoke Wheels
Cross Leather: Punch Black Upholstery
Chrome Line Interior
Anthracite Headliner
Dynamic Damper Control
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Alarm System
Black Rally Lights
Loaded Package:
Storage Package
Harman/Kardon Sound System
Panoramic Sunroof
Connected + Visual Boost
Enhanced Blootooth
Comfort Access System
Center Arm Rest

It's difficult doing the wait but we're sure it will be worth it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts