Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many gallons does the gas tank hold? I have a 2015 hardtop and was filling it up the other day and stupidly overfilled it and ended up with gasoline running down the side of the car (dangerous!).

I've been driving a mini van for the last 12 years and am used to the gas filling up forever.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Per the handbook manual on mini usa website, the tank capacity are...
Cooper 10.5 gal
Cooper S 11.6 gal

Reactions: MINIgirl

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't know how those sensors work or if they're the same in the US as in Europe, but I have overfilled tanks in other vehicles as well. I'm guilty of persisting in trying to pump more gas after the handle has tripped. Sometimes the sensor trips prematurely; other times I want to top off the tank to my satisfaction not the sensor's and therefore risk spillage. I know, I know, it's environmentally harmful!

With my RV, some pumps trip when the tank is only partially full, and I have to wrestle with different positions to get more gas in. So, in my experience, those sensors can be temperamental.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's exactly as vegbiker said. It just seems 10.5 gallons is so little (I don't know how that compares to other cars, seeing as the MINI is a smaller car). I don't even drive that much and it seems like I have to fill up every 10 days or so. I can't say that for sure, but I'll have to start figuring out exactly how many miles I get before I have to fill up.

Like vegbiker says, I think the sensor trips prematurely, because I've noticed sometimes I can get more gas in than at other times. The car will show it's full, but I wonder if there is a base line when it will say it's full even though it's not entirely full.

Does the car indicate anywhere how many gallons are left in the tank? Maybe that's wishful thinking!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't know how those sensors work or if they're the same in the US as in Europe, but I have overfilled tanks in other vehicles as well. I'm guilty of persisting in trying to pump more gas after the handle has tripped. Sometimes the sensor trips prematurely; other times I want to top off the tank to my satisfaction not the sensor's and therefore risk spillage. I know, I know, it's environmentally harmful!

With my RV, some pumps trip when the tank is only partially full, and I have to wrestle with different positions to get more gas in. So, in my experience, those sensors can be temperamental.

"I'm guilty of persisting in trying to pump more gas after the handle has tripped."

That's it then.:eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
No it does not but if u push the left hand stork leaver button u can scroll round the different display options like water temp gauge then date of year , big mph reading in numbers , then the next one is fuel tank range in miles

Regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts