Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a new thread
You'll all be sick of me till I've recovered!

Most of use :) seem total mini converts/ enthusiasts. I am conscious t :) at any one looking at cars is fair game and I quickly become a bore and try to get them to try a Mini. Question then, has your enthusiasm sold any and did you get anything ?

1) my wife bought hers first. I Was so impressed I bought one.

My wife showed a colleague. She sourced and bought an r56.Not main Dealer

Our postlady told me her hubby was looking at Citroen ds3s but she wanted a mini. i recommended her to visit sope r lincoln And try one. Lo and behold she buys a coopersd. F56. And she loves it. Dealer offered us a bottle of bubbly or spirits for the recommendation.happy days!

I have to say people cannot believe how cheap these cars are to run. Low road tax fairly economical, in our case AMAZINGLY LOW INSURANCE COSTS,and the 5 year£299 . Service pack .sells itself! You just have to take care with that options list!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I haven't sold one yet buuuut my boyfriend is having a LOT more fun in my $37,000 car than he does in his $85,000 1 year old BMW! He's already stated a few times "maybe I should get one...." I keep letting him drive... and the smile on his face is priceless when he's rocketing down highways and around bends and turns :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I sold my 1962 Mini Cooper Mk 1 in 1978 but I want it back.

Since then most of the cars I have owned are still sitting in the weeds around my yard. None were Minis until the F56.

I wanted a Mini since they brought them back but by the time I got round to it, they had switched to the aluminum Peugot engine. Peugot still has a horrible reputation in N.America so I was kind of boycotting until the Gen 3 came out.

I might get a Paceman when they switch to BMW tech.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I sold the body of my 1963 Mk1 in 1969 and put the oily bits in a kit car that served me well for another 10 years.
The 1963 body was too rusty for road use but a rally cross chap bought it.

·
Super Moderator
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes we had the original mini for a while wish we'd kept it. Let us know when he buys one thunder7. Stingrays I think you're right 're Peugeot. Not my kettle of fish but the 1600 served me well! Fun and frugal!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.