Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,

just wondering how many F56's cooper D's are out there doing highish miles -mine will be over 20,000 miles in a week or so , it was purchased June 2014 . Car has been really reliable not to mention a lot of fun.

It is a very solidly built car the only criticisms are;

2 rattles- 1 from centre speaker grille which the dealer has failed to fix.

The other rattle sounds like its coming from the driver side visor ?? but it only does it on a short sharp bump so not the end of the world.

and the slight engine hesitation that happens just after you change gear.

The wheels were swopped front to rear a few weeks ago at about 16,000 miles (at the same time as a service but the wheel swop cost £60 ouch!) and they still have plenty of tread on them. I am hoping to get through the summer months with them ( doing 2K per month so will have to see how far they can go) and have some new ones for winter months.

Average economy over 19,400 miles is 59.3mpg (worst fill up was 54mpg , best was 69mpg) so I am very happy with that .

All in all an amazing little (but very grown up) car! I am looking forward to the next 20,000 miles

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just been out and measured the tyre wear and found that the middle band of the tyres is slightly more worn that the outer edges so I have reduced the tyre pressures by 3 psi on each

On previous cars I have usually have to slightly overinflate my tyres so I was running 37 Front 34 rear but the standard Mini tyre pressures for 195/55R16 must be bang on ( 35 front /32 Rear psi)

Just thought it might help someone :)

·
Banned
122 Posts
What do you do for a living that puts 20k miles a week on the car?

How often do you get a new car?

:0

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you do for a living that puts 20k miles a week on the car?

How often do you get a new car?

:0
Ha ha

You may have misunderstood me I have had the car since June 2014 I have done about 19500 miles up to now. In a week of so I will be at 20,000

Do ya get me?

·
Banned
122 Posts
HAHAH I just re-read that
I was gonna say.... BY NANCY KERRIGANS RIGHT LEG!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi All,

My MINI Cooper D (Louie) was the first F56 MCD delivered from my dealer in Sydney Australia in August 2014.
Since he has done 64,000km nearly 40,000 miles.
He averages around 5.7l/100km but I drive him like I stole him all the time!

·
Registered
200 Posts
sorry high ish miles 20,000 in 3 years? thats low mileage! im not very high but we manage to put about 20000 on both our cars every year!

·
Registered
376 Posts
My June 2014 Cooper d (mega spec'd) has done 83,000 miles as of yesterday.
Went into MINI last week for an Air Con service they found no issues with it at all on the health check. Great car!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Plenty of smiles. First car I've had that makes commuting enjoyable. I previously had a Miata that I bought for that reason, It was a sweet car, but did not accomplish my objective. As fun as it was, it had lots of issues and was not a happy commuter. My JCW, while not happy as a commuter, is much better in traffic (doesn't overheat) and way less frantic. Most fun car I have ever owned ... does everything well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cooper D
Almost 38 months old
63k miles
Average 55mpg on a normal run 62mpg, drive like an old man and got 69mpg returning from work one day (45 miles)
Still running one pair of original Michelin's (rear) with over 4mm tread, fronts replaced at 38k
An annoying rattle in passenger door when road conditions are bumpy.
It's had a new: (under warranty)
flywheel
Gear nob (numbers wore off and sharp metal edge appeared).
Steering wheel center (the horn stopped working)
I find the rear view mirror dip button difficult to use.

But on the whole (touch wood) an amazing little car and much more refined than the old R56

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm at 57k right now. Had an alternator tensioner replaced, a new back box and new suspension arms. All of this covered under warranty. Mine is a 2014 and the clutch is already slipping like crazy. It's been remapped since 54k miles.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry high ish miles 20,000 in 3 years? thats low mileage! im not very high but we manage to put about 20000 on both our cars every year!
Hi all,

I am back after a bit of a break - I sold my much loved company Cooper D about a year ago because the company car tax cost was getting silly . I was forced into a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV which whilst very economical is not much fun at all!

Minibum- that post was April 2015 about 10 months after I got the car. My mileage is still around 24K per year.

Loved that car so much I have now purchased ( with my own money!!) a Mini Cooper 1.5 petrol, which so far is great. Happy to be back on this forum as it is extremely helpful and informative

One question - I will be wanting a little more grunt if at all possible but I have not seen any posts for remap or tuning boxes that anyone seems to be completely happy with.

So if there is anyone out there that has managed to do something that they can recommend I would appreciate it

·
Registered
376 Posts
Congrats on coming back to MINI

This is the Cooper D board but I'm sure there is some info for your Cooper Petrol on that board

I'm up to 87k now and it's going into it's MOT tomorrow at MINI. I've just cleaned it too so it's looking showroom clean.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts