Mini Cooper Forum banner

121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
This just worked for me. Using the BMW UK site above, entered the last 7 digits of the VIN, and downloaded UPD09041.bin. .
Just out of interest this site is now working again for me... was able to enter vin and download, not going to bother trying to install it as it what I installed previously same file name and size...
Media MB-001.061.023
Tele TB-001.062.032
Add HB-001.062.032

File UPD09041

·
Registered
2015 F55 Cooper S
131 Posts
Still don't understand that when I enter my last 7 digits of the VIN I receive the file 7041.bin

how come I can't download 9041.bin?

I drive a 2014 Mini One and I am from Holland. Is my mini to old? to simple? or to Dutch?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This just worked for me. Using the BMW UK site above, entered the last 7 digits of the VIN, and downloaded UPD09041.bin.

On my mac, used Disk Utility on a USB stick to erase and format in ExFat format. Copied the UPD09041.bin to the USB stick.

Put it in the Mini USB slot, foot off the brake, pressed start (did not start the engine, just the ignition), and followed Mini software update instructions.

Before the update, status was MB and TB 001.060.001. After the update, status shows MB-001.062.040, TB-001.063.040, HB-001.062.032.

For reference, my F55 is a 2/18 build.
Interesting. I've done as you and managed to get 7 digit Vin recognised (fails on a number of other official bmw & mini sites)

The software update though is UPD07041 (mini 2015 Cooper ) and the blurb says it's an update for errors in transferring call lists for ios11 that has been fixed. So not exactly an exciting upgrade.

I guess though depending on the age of the mini not everyone is going to be able to get the latest upgrade (UPD09041?)

Anyone know if that's the case

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I still can't get my VIN recognised. I can only assume it is because our Oct18 mini is still current...

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Try autodna dot com (replace dot with.) at least it found my mini when other sites didnt
Thanks, but how does that help me check for software downloads, the link you advertised simply offered to sell me a report!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mini F56 Late 16 Won't let me update the TB & MB...

Downloaded the 9041.bin from BMW using my VIN. When I put the USB stick in ... It says the car is already up-to-date. Car is currently running

MB-001.050.002
TB-001.050.002
HB-001.062.032

I'm having issues with the clock on the car running slow (i.e. I'm losing time ...). Trying to update to see if the software will fix. Anybody else had this issue?

Thanks

Jan

·
Registered
100 Posts
Downloaded the 9041.bin from BMW using my VIN. When I put the USB stick in ... It says the car is already up-to-date. Car is currently running

MB-001.050.002
TB-001.050.002
HB-001.062.032

I'm having issues with the clock on the car running slow (i.e. I'm losing time ...). Trying to update to see if the software will fix. Anybody else had this issue?

Thanks

Jan
In my girlfriend's 2015 Cooper D the same problem. In my 2014 Cooper S instead it goes little faster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I've had my F56 JCW for 2.5 years and i've been trying to update the software for most of that time. I try every few months and never manage to get it to work.
UPD07041.BIN says its not suitable for the car. Despite that being the one downloaded with my VIN.
UPD09041.BIN says it's a corrupt file. Downloaded with a VIN 'borrowed' from the internet.
The mini connectivity site doesn't work so used the BMW one

·
Registered
6 Posts
We've just bought a 2016 F55 version 1.048.003 (seems pretty old). The mini site hasn't worked in a month of trying to update. I've got the 9041.bin from the BMW software update site, is there any issues with mini's using the BMW software? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I managed to update the system without problem, I now have the added "HB" option (which you can click on?) but my media and telephone versions are exactly the same?! so yeah thats weird? anyone had this? thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Still don't understand that when I enter my last 7 digits of the VIN I receive the file 7041.bin

how come I can't download 9041.bin?

I drive a 2014 Mini One and I am from Holland. Is my mini to old? to simple? or to Dutch?
I get the same file version and issues as you and my car is a 2014 Cooper SD here in the UK. I figure the file is at fault as I've tried FAT32 exFAT and NTFS format...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car is currently on TB/MB 006.001.044

The BMW website has offered me the 9041 bin file update, but the documentation says thats 001.060.001

Is that a lower version, or a different version entirely?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went into mini to see if mine was up to date they scanned it on the key and told me my version was up to date (2017 it was updated and its a 67 plate car) so i'd have thought a newer version would've been out now.

My car is currently on TB/MB 006.001.044

The BMW website has offered me the 9041 bin file update, but the documentation says thats 001.060.001

Is that a lower version, or a different version entirely?

·
Registered
1 Posts
like many who have ended up here, i have been unable to update mini f56 cooper d since i bought it, i've done as several people have done, downloaded file multiple times, used many different sized usb sticks of all kinds of shapes and sizes to no avail, but think i've found the answer for the people that have the same issue as me. specifically that it says update is not suitable for my car.
the file i get from the bmw site for mine is UPD07041.bin, my car does not have nav
when i open the bin file in a editor, the first part of the update is readable xml, and with in the comapibilitytable sections there is a minimum version check, looks like if you don't have a minimum version of 110.002.002 it won't work (for UPD07041.bin)
so next question is, how do i get an older bin file ? anyone have the older file downloaded somewhere ? it gives the release date in the file, current version is 10/2018
or would it be safe to change the minimum version checks to 110.001.004 which is what mines is ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd change it and see what happens :) all you'd have to do is tell BMW the update you downloaded broke it and im sure they'll fix it under warranty.

like many who have ended up here, i have been unable to update mini f56 cooper d since i bought it, i've done as several people have done, downloaded file multiple times, used many different sized usb sticks of all kinds of shapes and sizes to no avail, but think i've found the answer for the people that have the same issue as me. specifically that it says update is not suitable for my car.
the file i get from the bmw site for mine is UPD07041.bin, my car does not have nav
when i open the bin file in a editor, the first part of the update is readable xml, and with in the comapibilitytable sections there is a minimum version check, looks like if you don't have a minimum version of 110.002.002 it won't work (for UPD07041.bin)
so next question is, how do i get an older bin file ? anyone have the older file downloaded somewhere ? it gives the release date in the file, current version is 10/2018
or would it be safe to change the minimum version checks to 110.001.004 which is what mines is ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd be interested to know if it works. I guess editing the file might alter the checksum and it may refuse to install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realy don't understand. used 5 different USB sticks... formatted as FAT32, NTFS and exfat.... and still the cars says: This software is not suitable for this vehicle...

Any other tips?
SOLVED : In case it helps any others, I had the "No USB device with software connected" message and just couldn't get it to recognise the USB drive's existence. The solution was annoyingly simple!

Don't think the formatting of the USB mattered, you simply need to make sure you don't have the console set to be in Radio mode, switch it to USB audio playback (as if playing music) and bingo it detects the USB and let's you do the upgrade. I used the little source button to the side of the volume know to switch.

this was on a 2012 Countryman S

121 - 140 of 163 Posts