Mini Cooper Forum banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi can anyone share the link to download the latest software as I cannot find any that work? Thanks
The BMW site works for me, but you need the full 17 character VIN.

·
Registered
5 Posts
bmw site or mini site are down?
cant seem to download an update to my mini.

i have mini one 2016 F56 - will i have an update
can anyone share a file?

thank you in advanced..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, recently acquired 2012Countryman SD. The current software appears to be out of date as I have downloaded UPD01008. I have copied this my USB thingy but on try to download it to the car it will not recognise the existence of the USB. I have used the button on the radio console to change from radio to aux and used 2 different USB sticks. Does the format of the USB make any difference to the USB being seen or not? I would have thought that if the USB format was ms dos fat 32 and that was wrong the car would have said so in some form, but car just does not see the USB at all. Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
If its a 1st gen Countryman i.e. R60, you need to make sure you use the USB socket in the glove box, rather than the one below the dash. Thats the only one you can use to update maps and software.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re my software problems, the download from the BMW site contains 5 folders, one .xml and 4 .bin all contained in UPD01008. Is it the UPD folder as a whole that goes onto the USB stick or the individual files separately? Sorry if this is a silly question but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

thank you everybody for the shared comments which helped me a lot! From Mini website in Switzerland no support, called them and I was told my car wasn't supported... went to the car dealer and got the feeling they even know less than I do... finally managed to work out a solution, I confirm one solution will be to download the software from BMW website (thank you for the link). I also noticed that going to the US website and inserting my VIN I was finally able to download the last update which matches the one I got from BMW... so I was finally confident to try it out and everything worked fine, process was simple and quick, I really don't notice any difference but it is done!

Just wanted to give my feedback to all of you that shared their comments!

Cheers,

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I've put my vin in on the mini website and managed to get UPD09042.bin (Download link below) however I have put it on a Fat32 formatted USB and it just says that it is corrupt. The file is 128mb but it is just that which downloads should there be any more files?
Not sure if this will help but reformat your USB harddrive to exFAT instead of Fat32. If it's still giving you a corrupt message, try another usb drive with exFAT format. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
Mini Cooper F56 1.5 136 2015
1 Posts
Hello everyone, following the instructions of this great forum, I entered the chassis number of my car and I get a new update for it. My question is that my car is Spanish just like me, and I don't know if when I install it, I will put the device in English, can someone tell me if the language changes when updating?

·
Registered
100 Posts
It uses the same language you use. It's only an update regarding compatibility with phones, bluetooth, etc. It wound not change something in the on board computer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure if this will help but reformat your USB harddrive to exFAT instead of Fat32. If it's still giving you a corrupt message, try another usb drive with exFAT format. Hope this helps!
Tried on a few different USB's now still not working. This is such a night mare and the lack of support from Mini isn't helpful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cancel that :) i've managed to do it. I rang and spoke to mini/bmw and the guy on the phone said to try the biggest USB stick i could find. For me this was a 16gb microSD card that i put in a usb reader and plugged into the car. I managed to get UPD09042 on and working. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thought i would check & try downloading the latest software for my new MCS,
Built March 2014
I went to the mini sofware website & chose option to download software.

1st Question: it doesnt ask for VIN number or model, so is there just one standard generic software for all mini's no mater what spec you have.

2nd Question: can you download the software from a Mac ?

I downloaded the sodtware from the website and transferred that to a USB stick. I plugged that into my mini and chose software update but it says no USB or software can be found.

I have HUD, media pack XL, satnav and enhanced bluetooth.
what is the point mini cant actually provide a website and then we can update our minis and then the cars wont be such utter crap

·
Registered
3 Posts
[QUOTE = "kieranlee999, publicación: 826824, miembro: 60045"]
Así que puse mi vin en el mini sitio web y logré obtener UPD09042.bin (enlace de descarga a continuación), sin embargo, lo puse en un USB con formato Fat32 y solo dice que está dañado. El archivo es de 128 MB, pero es justo lo que descargas debería haber más archivos?

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://static.bmw.com/content/dam/...mw_com/bluetooth/updates/bmw/bin/UPD09042.bin [/ URL]
[/CITAR]
dia soy nuevo en esto de nos mini pero tengo un mini cooper s 2010 como actualizó el Bluetooth porque el vin no lo reconose las paginas y el coneccted no funciona el telefono no puede reproducir musica solo llamadas

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just downloaded the latest software and installed it with no issues. Not sure what it has done as i can’t see any visual changes. Either way update done and very simple to do.
I used a 16gb USB drive.
Formatted to exFAT
donwloaded the .bin file and copied it directly to the drive.

go to your mini.
Start the car
select software update
plug in your USB stick in the centre USB slot
follow on screen instructions. Takes about 3 minutes and all done

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

I have a 2011 Mini Cooper D Cabrio. Going with the VIN number it said
Software Update found: UPD01008
The Software Update is valid for MINI COOPER D, 2011
But when i insert the USB, Gave me the following message:

Software on USB device incompatible with this vehicle.

Anyone with the same problem?

141 - 160 of 163 Posts