Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I think we're all in agreement that the dealer isn't exactly the most careful when it comes to detailing your car, mine has a few clear coat scratches and swirl marks.

Also, to my horror, earlier today, my dad decided to rub some of the dirt off of my boot (trunk) sill with his finger, so no doubt he has caused some clear coat scratches with that move. He doesn't know any better, so I can't hold it against him but my god does it hurt lol, it's not even 24 hours old and I haven't even had a chance to ruin it myself yet ;)

I have some meguiars ultimate compound, but does anyone have any other recommendations that I could use to remove the marks?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey guys,

I think we're all in agreement that the dealer isn't exactly the most careful when it comes to detailing your car, mine has a few clear coat scratches and swirl marks.

Also, to my horror, earlier today, my dad decided to rub some of the dirt off of my boot (trunk) sill with his finger, so no doubt he has caused some clear coat scratches with that move. He doesn't know any better, so I can't hold it against him but my god does it hurt lol, it's not even 24 hours old and I haven't even had a chance to ruin it myself yet ;)

I have some meguiars ultimate compound, but does anyone have any other recommendations that I could use to remove the marks?
It's just a car.>:D

Reactions: archermoo

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell me when you make a profit.:laugh:

I really like my VO also, but, make money? - Not likely.
I could drive people places? :p

Nah, but honestly, I really want to look after this car, it's too beautiful not to. It's already needing it's first wash thanks to it's first day of me owning it being awash with rain :|

I haven't named it though, give me credit for that ;)

(Just to ensure I don't offend anyone, I'm not against naming your car, it's just something I don't personally do.)

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts
I try to tell myself it's only a car and after keeping my mk2 mr2 for 16 years &160000 amazing miles I promised myself I'd never get too close to a car again. Wrong. Scuffed my being stupid with petrol hose and was out getting it sorted in the near dark. Couldn't rest. Can't wait for the summer tyres to go back on 17" cosmos.These cars are superb.gentle gentle rub with a rubbing compound eg t cut then polish then wax coat and it'll be sorted but go gently less is more if you know what I mean.

I'm thinking if have time to do a thread ,what I love it about my f56. It'll be a long list

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I try to tell myself it's only a car and after keeping my mk2 mr2 for 16 years &160000 amazing miles I promised myself I'd never get too close to a car again. Wrong. Scuffed my being stupid with petrol hose and was out getting it sorted in the near dark. Couldn't rest. Can't wait for the summer tyres to go back on 17" cosmos.These cars are superb.gentle gentle rub with a rubbing compound eg t cut then polish then wax coat and it'll be sorted but go gently less is more if you know what I mean.

I'm thinking if have time to do a thread ,what I love it about my f56. It'll be a long list
I waited till dark and looked at it under the light of an LED bulb (my phone's flash) and it's not as bad as I thought, but definitely scratched the clear coat. I'll try my Meguiar's when I wash it. Hoping to order a snow foam pressure sprayer first, to do me until I get a drive and a pressure washer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts