Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
I know but,ive never done that either eg computers, phones etc. As long as its not doing anything it's always been ok. I wouldn't pull it if the car were playing a track on the usb. Would stop it first!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone know how to safely disconnect a USB zip drive either after playing music from it of after transferring files onto the internal storage ?
FYI, any USB flash drive, Hard-drive, etc can be removed from any device without damage to the files they contain if the drive is formatted as either FAT, FAT32 or exFAT.

Only drives formatted to NTFS or REFS required the device to be ejected before removal.

I am unsure of Apples HFS+, but I never use this on portable devices anyway as both MAC and PC can read exFAT and FAT32 (FAT32 is limited to max 4GB file sizes)

MINI's can read exFAT so this is the preferred choice unless you use the potable device on some older equipment that may not be compatible with exFAT. Such as TV's older than 5years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.