Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as title what do you use your motor for.

Is it a daily Driver, main car or second car, Garage Queen or King , or a fun run about

Ours is daily commute for wife only 2 miles each way and home for lunch and some shopping trips.
Then at the weekend i go for a nice spirited spin in sport mode off course with window down an inch to enjoy the sounds >:D
Just getting a shot of it is the biggest problem:(
You just want to drive it on every trip

·
Registered
84 Posts
As with all my other MINI's when i get mine it will be my daily driver for commuting to work then flip into sport mode for back road blasts at the weekends! And with the sound this one makes its gonna be more addictive!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hurbert is my wifes car, so he does duty as shopping and pootling a lot of the time. His weekend function is "everything". Blasts back to blighty, trips into Brussels/London etc as he is just the most awesome city car, and yes, I do go "road hunting", turn it all up to 11 and scrub some rubber :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I live in a tiny apartment with only one car bay so it's my daily drive. It's racking up the miles quite nicely though, one month since delivery today and we're already at around 1500km. Done a few long drives in it now, and it's a joy. My main complaint is that when the windscreen is splattered with bugs, and there's afternoon sun beating down on it, the camera cruise control ceases to function (actually, the entire cruise control was rendered unusable at one stage). The dealer wasn't aware of any issues, so i'm keeping an eye on it.

Typically it gets around 10-12km a day to/from work and shops. Am seriously considering driving it cross-country at Christmas time (one way, back on train) and that'll add over 3600km to her.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I work full-time from home so mine does not see a ton of action during the week and it sits in the garage. I also have a Nissan Pathfinder so for a quick run to the store I will often take that as it is only a mile away. Mine is mostly used on the weekends for trips or local Mini meet ups, though with the winter weather coming it may be hibernating for a while.

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
So mine would be a daily driver but as I commute into London by train, it's not used every day. As I also work from home a day or two a week it often sits on the drive all week. However, I do use it when I visit clients, some close, but the best ones are further away :)

However, at weekends it a back road pocket rocket that keeps off the motorways as much as possible and always takes the long way home!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't have mine yet, but it's a company car so it'll be in mostly busy motorway traffic with a fair amount of stop / start driving at junctions. I do about 15000 miles a year.

Weekends, it'll be sport mode and B roads :).

·
Registered
457 Posts
Luckily I don't have to commute now so use it for"social.domestic and pleasure" as declared on my insurance policy;) Have to get my money's worth for an extortionate £103 premium!!

Also use it to laugh at my older brother squealing like a schoolgirl when he drives it with exhaust valve open:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another daily driver here as its my wife's car and she will be using it to travel to work - 15 miles each way with a mix of dual carriageway and country lanes.

I will nab it when I can for a bit of fun and we are also planning to use it for a trip to the Dolomites next June.

Rich

·
Registered
372 Posts
Luckily I don't have to commute now so use it for"social.domestic and pleasure" as declared on my insurance policy;) Have to get my money's worth for an extortionate £103 premium!!

Also use it to laugh at my older brother squealing like a schoolgirl when he drives it with exhaust valve open:D
£103.00 your going to have to shop about next time round ???

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
This week it has been a busy bee.... Tuesday a 180 mile round trip to Kent taking a relative to a hospital appointment, Wednesday round to Bromley for a customer meeting, then Thursday out to see another customer in Watford. Friday, en route to the station, we had a play with a 5 pot Focus ST. Busy week, lots of fun.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This week it has been a busy bee.... Tuesday a 180 mile round trip to Kent taking a relative to a hospital appointment, Wednesday round to Bromley for a customer meeting, then Thursday out to see another customer in Watford. Friday, en route to the station, we had a play with a 5 pot Focus ST. Busy week, lots of fun.

Nice ! I had a 5 pot st loved it but bet you won if not give it a few more miles it would run out of petrol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
Nice ! I had a 5 pot st loved it but bet you won if not give it a few more miles it would run out of petrol

Yes, I had one too, once modded I never saw much better than 22mpg >:D

And, yes, I kept with him everywhere, in fact he also pulled into the station car park and commented that at one one point "I'd given all I had, and you were still catching me" :laugh:

I love my JCW :x

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes, I had one too, once modded I never saw much better than 22mpg >:D

And, yes, I kept with him everywhere, in fact he also pulled into the station car park and commented that at one one point "I'd given all I had, and you were still catching me" :laugh:

I love my JCW :x
awesome I had a electric orange one mine was standard and didn't see much better than that myself then I had a fn2 Honda Civic type r then my jcw and it's the dogs by a long shot but a little
Poorly at the moment so hopefully sort it out this weds

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
Mine was red, had an R56 Cooper S after I wrote the ST off (long story, and a large lump of wood in the road).... Soon got bored of the MCS and upgraded to an R56 JCW. I then got seduced by the "cheap" performance of an M135, but I'm very glad to be back...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts