Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 NBT head unit. I am interested in buying a NBT Evo from eBay : What is involved in coding and how difficult is installing please? Has anyone done this before, I know we can activate Apple CarPlay but what about the Mini mobile App - will that also work if I upgrade to NBT Evo? My car currently is not supported by the Mini App.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have a 2014 NBT head unit. I am interested in buying a NBT Evo from eBay : What is involved in coding and how difficult is installing please? Has anyone done this before, I know we can activate Apple CarPlay but what about the Mini mobile App - will that also work if I upgrade to NBT Evo? My car currently is not supported by the Mini App.
Evo retrofitting is not that hard. I can supply you brand new 2021 lci2 parts precoded prepared for your car. For connected to work you need to install a telematics ecu which must be used. For it to work you need to code the nbt evo to the donorcar its vin and use the evo with an emulator in between. Just for the sake of the app i would not do it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I have NBT so I don’t get real time traffic update or dynamic guidance for satnav. Any workaround?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Evo does it based on tmc and (telematics if available). You need telematics to do it over a data connection

·
Registered
97 Posts
Note sure where you are, but I have a NBT EVO with the TMC, but it doesn't work in Canada. It's not a hardware problem, its a contractual problem.

not sure if you are the same.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Evo retrofitting is not that hard. I can supply you brand new 2021 lci2 parts precoded prepared for your car. For connected to work you need to install a telematics ecu which must be used. For it to work you need to code the nbt evo to the donorcar its vin and use the evo with an emulator in between. Just for the sake of the app i would not do it.
Can you let me know the cost? I have a 2019 with the 6.5” non-touchscreen and am trying to get CarPlay. Not really sure what I’m doing but looking for the easiest solution. Thanks!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Note sure where you are, but I have a NBT EVO with the TMC, but it doesn't work in Canada. It's not a hardware problem, its a contractual problem.

not sure if you are the same.
Correct it only works in europe and asia i guess

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dragos - you can’t help him. This car has the BIS headunit (the basic headunit that came in certain Minis). It is problematic both in terms of MMIs, retrofits and activating CarPlay.
Yea i saw afterthat. Sorry about that mate. Thought u have EntryNav2 HU

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Dragos - you can’t help him. This car has the BIS headunit (the basic headunit that came in certain Minis). It is problematic both in terms of MMIs, retrofits and activating CarPlay.
Hi. What is this BIS head unit?

I already have CarPlay via MMI box. Is there a link to see the different HU’s and their features?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts