Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

i am either getting old and my memory is rubbish but i thought previous to today when hud is down the whole space had a cover which slid across.

Today i noted that this was not the case and that the glass projector bit is always visible when car switched off. Is this correct or has some part stopped working.

HUD working ok otherwise

Could some kind soul take a pic of the hud from the top (easier from outside car) when it is switched off and post?

Regards

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hi All

i am either getting old and my memory is rubbish but i thought previous to today when hud is down the whole space had a cover which slid across.

Today i noted that this was not the case and that the glass projector bit is always visible when car switched off. Is this correct or has some part stopped working.

HUD working ok otherwise

Could some kind soul take a pic of the hud from the top (easier from outside car) when it is switched off and post?

Regards
Hmm..sounds like something may be stuck or broken... There is supposed to be a little door that opens and closes when the HUD retracts or is deployed to keep dust out of the compartment.

You can see in DigitalChilly's picture

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks DigitalChilly.

Mine is the same - i think. Must be having a senile moment....again....

For some reason i though previously there had been a cover that slid over the whole opening.

If its not too cheeky could someone post a pic taken through windscreen looking in.....is the projector area always exposed when when hud screen down?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had a look in the dealership yesterday and it is definitely completely covered, with no part of the HUD or it's elements exposed when it's undeployed. I couldn't get a picture as my phone decided to pack up, but I checked three cars and there is definitely a complete cover on the HUD.

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
It's not really a complete cover there are two parts to it I suppose the hud disappears and the little cover slides over the top but it's quite a bit lower than the surround.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is the shot from the outside... you will see that the "projector" portion is NOT covered per se, there is a glass partition, when turned off. The "HUD" is of course covered as per last note.

p.s. Wow I need to dust! ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Here is the shot from the outside... you will see that the "projector" portion is NOT covered per se, there is a glass partition, when turned off. The "HUD" is of course covered as per last note.

p.s. Wow I need to dust! ;-)
Amazing what the camera can pick up, isn't it? I'm sure it was all covered but then I didn't look to see if there was a projection element on show. When I inevitably go to the dealer next, I'll have a look and try and get a picture, if someone hasn't already answered definitively by then.

jeremybingham's pictures seem almost exactly like what I saw. I only say almost because I didn't look for a projection lens and you can clearly see one in both your's and his pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts