Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there added the HUD without extra packs that would give extra info (navigation/traffic signs), is it still worth it? I understand it'll just be speed/radio and contacts from phone, does it feel justifiable?

I love the look of it, but would it have much real world use, without the extra info that could be displayed.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I thought you couldn't spec the HUD without having the Nav/MediaXL as well, so it's only the Driving Assistant (collision warning/mitigation, speed limits, video cruise, etc) that you can have the HUD without.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can on the UK configuration. It's £375. I don't have any of the extras you mentioned. I'm wondering it's worth past the initial excitement. It seems it's purpose is to compliment what you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I just tried to add it on the configurator and it insists I add the media pack XL if I choose the HUD.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm, I can add without. I only have the below extras.
I'm MCS
Chili pack
Visual boost.
Leather seats.

I can def add. £375.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope. No pack added? You're talking about media XL? Not added. Weird!
Are you seeing an added pack when you click that link? As I've dine it on my PC and ipad and it's not been added.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
See above it is because you have visual boost and Bluetooth. I tried adding HUD with nothing and that defiantly doesn't work

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look like you can have HUD if you spec visual boost
I see. You edited before my previous response, that clears that up.

So, still wondering. Is it worth it. I'm sure you said Mrs W has it in hers, somewhere in here? Would you find it worth it without added packs (or she)?

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
She loves it, but uses the nav a lot as she is out and about for work. I do know that she likes the fact her phone contacts come up in there too.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't think Donna has the driving pack, might be worth having a word to see what she thinks of the HUD. I've got a full spec - to come - so no use to you I'm afraid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts