Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I am on the tall side (6'5") I was wondering if my line of sight is going to be able to see the HUD properly. I think I have sat in a car years ago with it and was unable to see it unless I was at a certain angle. Any thoughts would be great. Don't want to waste 500$ on it if I'm not going to get the most out of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a setting so you can tilt the HUD back & forwards slightly so you should be ok
That's good to know. Hopefully it will work. Looks like a nice feature to have.

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
Sadly I never even gave seeing it a thought. I didn't think it especially easy to see on the test drive but didn't care. I just had to have it as it is so look cool. 2 more sleeps

·
Registered
734 Posts
This was something I had to see for myself... the videos and photos on the internet didn't impress me. But it's much better in real life and it integrates well with other options in the car.

You can adjust where the projection is vertically on the little screen, so it's just a question of finding the right place compared to your height and seating position.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I took an MCS for a spin the other week and the way the HUD was positioned I had to tilt my head forward to see it. The dealer told me it could be adjusted for height, and I took him at his word. I also thought the display looked better up close than it does in pictures.

·
Registered
340 Posts
As others have said, it can be adjusted for position, via the car settings on the centre display. You should find you can adjust it to suit

Reactions: Escho83

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Head up display can be adjusted in 3 ways, plus don't forget you can also adjust the steering wheel and the seat height to suit.
It really is a good device, you can also adjust the brightness of the display.

I love it, on mine it shows the speed limit and no overtaking signs (subject to driver assist pack), radio station, phone calls and sat nav directions.

I reckon its a must have gadget!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sadly I never even gave seeing it a thought. I didn't think it especially easy to see on the test drive but didn't care. I just had to have it as it is so look cool. 2 more sleeps
You will like it. I had two test drives, on Mini and one BMW1 in one morning. First the MiNi with HUD. First I thought it is a gimmick but while driving I never looked at the speedometer in front of me. Weird psychological effect, just to have the in front of you makes such a big difference. So driving the bmw1 was a bummer. ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
I agree after nearly 22 weeks with it it is indespensible. Does Sat nav directions and music selections plus cruise too. I love it.get it if you can.

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
I agree after nearly 2 weeks with it it is indespensible. Does Sat nav directions and music selections plus cruise too. I love it.get it if you can.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you're 6'5", then I'd definitely recommend a good long test drive, as the mini cabin may feel a little cramped/small for your frame.
Also getting in and out might be a pain?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts