Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My convertible was ordered September for January delivery. Obviously didn't happen. Finally built June 20th. Has now spent 7 weeks sitting at the factory and the dock and there is now no estimated delivery date. Dealer is unwilling to put the effort into finding out the reason. Mini UK are completely uncommunicative and the dealer doesn't care. Wish I'd bought an MX5.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My convertible was ordered September for January delivery. Obviously didn't happen. Finally built June 20th. Has now spent 7 weeks sitting at the factory and the dock and there is now no estimated delivery date. Dealer is unwilling to put the effort into finding out the reason. Mini UK are completely uncommunicative and the dealer doesn't care. Wish I'd bought an MX5.
I may be wrong but a lot of people on this forum share and agree with your reaction and I too can empathise. You need to be a pain in the proverbial with Mini and you will get a response the higher up the food chain you are prepared to go. It’s time consuming and frustrating but you will get there. If you get a chance, read similar experiences on the generic forum and you will find a way to get a response with your next set of actions. Really.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may be wrong but a lot of people on this forum share and agree with your reaction and I too can empathise. You need to be a pain in the proverbial with Mini and you will get a response the higher up the food chain you are prepared to go. It’s time consuming and frustrating but you will get there. If you get a chance, read similar experiences on the generic forum and you will find a way to get a response with your next set of actions. Really.
I wish! I’ve emailed the CEO and he didn’t even respond! I honestly think Mini have a policy in place to just ignore people and hope they’ll go away. Back in April I tried to register a. O
Plaint and was told “We’re not taking any new complaints as we have too many already”! What Mini don’t get is that most people understand the semi conductor/ war delays, but it’s the complete lack of information about other delays that is so infuriating. 7 weeks ago my car was built and it still has no delivery date. Is that down to a war? Think not.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have had situations similar to this with other car brands over the years. Communication between dealer and manufacturer being very poor. In my experience of escalating things CEO's very rarely answer their own correspondence they have staff for that. Also have to consider staff levels are low they probably have 1 or 2 people dealing with dealer queries for the whole of Europe.

However, social media marketing teams are often keen to please (their job is keeping a good brand profile) and even more so if you link your post to someone who has lots of followers and posts a lot about their brand.

Reactions: ventmore

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had situations similar to this with other car brands over the years. Communication between dealer and manufacturer being very poor. In my experience of escalating things CEO's very rarely answer their own correspondence they have staff for that. Also have to consider staff levels are low they probably have 1 or 2 people dealing with dealer queries for the whole of Europe.

However, social media marketing teams are often keen to please (their job is keeping a good brand profile) and even more so if you link your post to someone who has lots of followers and posts a lot about their brand.
Sometimes CEO's reply. I had a nice email from Mr Delonghi, the CEO of Delonghi, apologising profusely for poor service and sending me a new machine. It can be done - Mini just choose to operate at the opposite end of the spectrum.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There's nothing to stop you from buying a Miata. I suggest getting use to the current level of service that you're getting from MINI, but from everyone including Mazda.

Maybe if we get a worldwide deep recession and people get kicked in the teeth hard enough attitudes and time lines will improve. I can't even get the Ford dealer to call me back for a work vehicle I dropped off yesterday for an oil change.

The level of service has gone to pot everywhere.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I wish! I’ve emailed the CEO and he didn’t even respond! I honestly think Mini have a policy in place to just ignore people and hope they’ll go away. Back in April I tried to register a. O
Plaint and was told “We’re not taking any new complaints as we have too many already”! What Mini don’t get is that most people understand the semi conductor/ war delays, but it’s the complete lack of information about other delays that is so infuriating. 7 weeks ago my car was built and it still has no delivery date. Is that down to a war? Think not.
It's not just Mini, the parent company BMW are just as bad! I've had a car on order since the middle of January. I know we've had Covid, I know there's a war on, I know there's a semiconductor shortage. It's like trying to get blood out of stone trying to find out what's going on.
The dealers, customer service etc. can't or won't tell you anything, that's if they can be arsed to get back to you! The so called BMW Genius team don't know sh*t, they are a bunch of kids in a call centre, sat in front of a screen with no access to any meaningful or helpful information!
Sorry, rant over!

·
Registered
175 Posts
What every car dealer knows right now is that if you don't take it someone else will. I suspect we won't see service improve until people just stop buying. This is not a MINI/BMW only problem. The level of service from my Ford dealer on my company vehicle has gone downhill in the last two years.

With all the working from home, the world needed a lot of new cars that they'd pay a premium for. The scary part is personal debt has gone through the roof.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts