Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, the F56’s lack of a proper, central tachometer behind the wheel (like in most sports cars), is a nuisance (probably the only nuisance, to me).

I know the huge central speedometer in previous generations was impractical (it was more like a cool retro ornament lol), but you could have the speed digitally-displayed on the tachometer!!

After almost three years, I still miss glimpsing at the central tachometer to know how many RPMs I’m using or how many RPMs are left (the LED ring only gives you an estimation at night, and the tiny tachometer is useless if you want to know your RPMs in a glimpse).

I never use the analog speedo anyway, I prefer the digital display (for the speed, that is).

·
Super Moderator
6,550 Posts
Can't say I do at all.TBH I never run to the decline as the torque is so great lower in the rev range but your eyes work it out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don’t like the general lack of instruments. The rev counter looks like an afterthought and there should be a temp gauge.

·
Registered
530 Posts
+1 regarding the rev counter. Looks like an analogue fuel gauge with ideas above it's station. However, imho the current F56 set-up looks WAY better than the dodgy digital abomination that's soon to be seen gracing the MINI milk float and that GP Halfords special thingy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1 regarding the rev counter. Looks like an analogue fuel gauge with ideas above it's station. However, imho the current F56 set-up looks WAY better than the dodgy digital abomination that's soon to be seen gracing the MINI milk float and that GP Halfords special thingy.
Agree! I'm not a fan of digital dashboards either (specially because the needles' movement looks fake and they show all kinds of info that you don't really need).

I've always liked the chunky look of the current instrument panel in the Mini (common in all generations) :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts