Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all,

I finally got my iced chocolate cooper s. I don't think it is a very popular colour, and I had a hard time finding examples of it especially with the new f56's. So I figured I would throw some pics on here in case any others were in the same boat. Looks a bit flat in the pictures but when the sun hits it the blue metallic fleck in the paint pops. kind of a 'black on cloudy days / brown on sunny days' kind of paint.
[/url]
free upload[/IMG]

[/url]
free image hosting[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
This is a really under-appreciated color, but I think it looks great! The brown is pretty dark and when sun hits it, it takes on a blue hue from the blue specks in the paint.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Never seen an F56 so far on any Dealer Lot with that Color. I do like it. You are not pulling our Leg with them blue Flakes are you? :laugh:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Never seen an F56 so far on any Dealer Lot with that Color. I do like it. You are not pulling our Leg with them blue Flakes are you? :laugh:
Thanks all for the compliments. If it weren't raining here in Toronto I would take a picture now to show the blue. So instead I did some googling and found this

kind of shows the metallic look to it. Personally I love it. (Who cares about resale value anyway!)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I need to second all the positive comments here. I have a VO CSD (which I love) but the wife has a 2013 R56 mini One in iced chocolate. We got a good deal on her car as it isn't a popular choice and was £1K cheaper than the black equivalent on offer.

Anyway, it is a fantastic colour which changes considerably in different lighting / weather conditions. In the typical dull British weather it looks pretty much black but still has a lot more depth than most metallic black cars down to the combination of colours, and in the sun - browns, purples - really really lovely.

So well done you. The car looks a total treat!

PS - I'm going to be polishing and waxing said car over the weekend and I'm going to use dodo juice's purple haze - I'll let you know how that works out ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Agreed with above stunning.we had an iced chocolate cabrio with truffle roof. Prettiest car ever and I couldn't believe it when we sold him but my wife wanted a roadster s! Looks great with that interior. I've used dodo juice purple haze on my black roof and our black roadster. Use orange crush on my vo Cooper. Great products but a bit expensive I feel.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Though it is not the color I chose I do think the Iced Chocolate/Diamond Grey combination is one of the more handsome combinations MINI offers. It was a special order MINI with those colors being prepped for sale that allowed me to see the Satellite Grey door panel in person.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Though it is not the color I chose I do think the Iced Chocolate/Diamond Grey combination is one of the more handsome combinations MINI offers. It was a special order MINI with those colors being prepped for sale that allowed me to see the Satellite Grey door panel in person.
Thank you. Truth be told, I wanted the iced chocolate paintjob, but was planning on getting the standard black leatherette. It was my wife who quashed that idea and put together the diamond grey and satellite grey interior.

Reactions: ljmiii

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unfortunately I don't have a Monday to Friday job, and will be working. Seems like a great event though. Looking forward to taking advantage of the MINI fanaticism and attending events like this in the future though

·
Registered
132 Posts
I feel your pain. I work a lot on the weekends and I the evenings. Join the club and maybe we'll see you out there one day.
Cheers,
Oost

·
Registered
186 Posts
Such a tasteful combo. I love this color and it was in my final 3 but my current MINI is a dark metallic so I'm going a different direction.

Would still love to see more pics of yours.
Annette

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does this seat come with the lumbar support or is that only on the full leather seats?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does this seat come with the lumbar support or is that only on the full leather seats?
mine has lumbar support. But I cannot figure out how they decide which seats get it and which don't.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts