Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to place my order within the next week or so,...just finalizing a few details. Very confused about the radio/sound system options. But anyway,
has anyone on this forum placed or planning to place an order for the new 2015 JCW with the Getrag 6-Speed Manual Transmission?

I posted elsewhere on the forum, but nobody has responded....surely "somebody" wants the manual transmission in the JCW!!!! I'm told the transmissions are not yet ready for the JCW...could be mid-summer before my JCW goes down the assembly line.

I'd like to hear what others are being told.

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I am going to place my order within the next week or so,...just finalizing a few details. Very confused about the radio/sound system options. But anyway,
has anyone on this forum placed or planning to place an order for the new 2015 JCW with the Getrag 6-Speed Manual Transmission?

I posted elsewhere on the forum, but nobody has responded....surely "somebody" wants the manual transmission in the JCW!!!! I'm told the transmissions are not yet ready for the JCW...could be mid-summer before my JCW goes down the assembly line.

Thanks,

John
Hey John, I stopped by my dealer just to "inquire" about a JCW manual and they told me late summer

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

Thanks,

John

I cannot fathom why anyone would spend the money for a JCW then neuter it with an automatic transmission. But I'm funny that way.

I'd wait for the manual. I'm sure the auto is perfectly wonderful, but I like to feel like I'm actually driving the thing.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I'm definitely waiting for the manual, but I'm placing my order anyway!!! I suppose, when all is said & done, I may very well have one of the earliest (rarest) 2015 JCW's with the manual trans!!!

The 2016 will likely be available to order by late summer/early fall!

It's gonna be an excruciatingly long wait for me! :( But, I'm confident it will be worth the wait for sure! :)

Thanks again for the feedback...

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
have to ask what is so different about the Getrag? My Mini Dealer got a gray JCW with a man 6 Speed on the lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks,

John
Went to my local dealer a fortnight ago... Asked a few questions about the JCW and he suggested that autos were first with orders for manuals starting in July / August 2015... Hope that helps buddy?
I'm about to put order in for an auto JCW as I've got a crappy left knee! Would rather have a manual myself but in our day to day traffic it would cause me to much discomfort ��
Grey-Beard ��

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
have to ask what is so different about the Getrag? My Mini Dealer got a gray JCW with a man 6 Speed on the lot.
I'd check further into that.....6-speeds are indeed available in the Cooper S, but not the JCW. Why the difference? I have no clue...only thing I can think of is tooling for assembly of the JCW's, or possibly the build of the JCW trans is beefier just like the brakes and other features on the more powerful JCW...makes sense.

The delay doesn't make any sense though...poor production planning IMO!

Reactions: MartSim73

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
After talking with my buddies at both local dealers, no dealer KNOWS when the manual will start production - just a lot of educated guesses.

I think you're confusing a JCW exterior pack equipped Cooper S for the factory JCW, which, as far as anyone knows hasn't hit dealers yet and they for sure are not being made with a manual transmission yet.

I'd check further into that.....6-speeds are indeed available in the Cooper S, but not the JCW. Why the difference? I have no clue...only thing I can think of is tooling for assembly of the JCW's, or possibly the build of the JCW trans is beefier just like the brakes and other features on the more powerful JCW...makes sense.

The delay doesn't make any sense though...poor production planning IMO!
My guess is a beefier clutch? Could be an entirely different Getrag transmission than the Cooper or Cooper S. In either case, I'm sure most people would rather they get the transmission right rather than rushing it out the door.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
My bad they listed it as a man. Tranny. Sorry Guys I should have checked a bit deeper before posting.:|
I did not think of the real Thing.

http://www.minioftempe.com/VehicleDetails/new-2015-MINI-Cooper_S_Hardtop--Tempe-AZ/2492595523
I guess I am not a 100% approved Mini Head yet.:D
LOL...no worries - you're on these forums, you are definitely a MINI head! ;) I didn't mean to call you out or anything. Just wanted to keep the facts straight. :)

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
......My guess is a beefier clutch? Could be an entirely different Getrag transmission than the Cooper or Cooper S. In either case, I'm sure most people would rather they get the transmission right rather than rushing it out the door.
I'll get anxious for sure, but I'm ok waiting! I'm sure it will seem like "forever" though! What is it April?...I'm probably at least 4 months out before it will even start the production process. Maybe they will surprise me!..fingers crossed!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
No worries SZ I did not take it that way. I am on this Forum so I can learn about the Mini since it is my 1st one so blonde Moments on my End will happen.:|:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Went to my local dealer a fortnight ago... Asked a few questions about the JCW and he suggested that autos were first with orders for manuals starting in July / August 2015... Hope that helps buddy?
I'm about to put order in for an auto JCW as I've got a crappy left knee! Would rather have a manual myself but in our day to day traffic it would cause me to much discomfort ��
Grey-Beard ��

Hey Mart

Do you have a bigger picture of your avatar? that looks very similar to what i am ordering and im jus curious as to whether the pic size is making me see more red in the front and wheels

also to add to the debate, i was told september for manual jcw

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
...also to add to the debate, i was told september for manual jcw
Well, time will tell! At least my order is in the works. I'm gonna have a long wait...maybe I'll have one of the first '15 manual JCW's! "Be patient now"...gotta keep telling myself that!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My little guy is here! Dealer emailed me today with a few pics! Two more days and I'll have it home! It actually came quicker than I expected, but it was still a long wait since April.

By the way, for anyone interested, there were only 37 2015 JCW Hardtops with manual transmission made for the USA, so my little guy is rare!

Need to get the LED driving/rally lights installed still. I'm going to try to post a pic...here goes:

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Good luck John - The long wait is nearly over:laugh:

Now starts the detailing!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts