Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Apologies everyone for not being very active on this forum over the last 2 months...currently in my last year at University so my dissertation is taking over everything. At least I drive a great car now to keep me happy!

Thought I'd do a quick 2 month update (and share some pics I have taken so far).

Despite me waiting 6 months for the car to finally be built, it was definitely worth the wait! I love everything about the car and am so happy with my long list of options I added...they make the car feel very special indeed. LED's, sports seats, wheels etc etc.

Due to the cost of the insurance and being only 19 when I ordered the car, I could only go for the Mini One 1.2t engine....BUT I am so impressed with it! More than fast enough for me and the growling noise it makes when you drop down into second gear a bit too soon always puts a smile on my face! :D

Anyways, enjoy looking at the pics!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Nice. Doing well to be running a new mini and being a student too. I'm impressed hope it goes well 're the dissertation. I'm now 50 and still have a recurrent nightmare that I hadn't revised for my finals, hull uni age 21!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice. Doing well to be running a new mini and being a student too.
This was my first thought!

Good luck with the dissertation & health to enjoy your MINI!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm now 50 and still have a recurrent nightmare that I hadn't revised for my finals, hull uni age 21!!!
Ha, so true and so universal! What is it about school that tramatizes us for life?! I've oft dreamed of taking a final for a class I stopped attending in the beginning and never studied for - without pants! Man, talk about breaking into a cold sweat!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Ha, so true and so universal! What is it about school that tramatizes us for life?! I've oft dreamed of taking a final for a class I stopped attending in the beginning and never studied for - without pants! Man, talk about breaking into a cold sweat!
What's the big deal about no pants? I take finals with no pants all the time. Sometimes buck nekkid. Basic.

(full disclosure: Taking college classes online. He heh).

·
Registered
81 Posts
looking good. have to say when we decided to go back to a Mini after cancelling the original order and the dealer offered us a stock car with the spec we wanted in Midnight Black with Black wheels - not a colour choice i had considered originally - I looked at the pics of your car before saying yes....

so thanks from another black on black driver (well, drivers husband!)

Ian

PS my son is doing a masters currently and wants to know why he has a 2004 pug 206 and not a brand new Mini....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you @jeremybingham Fair to say I won't miss the constant revision and never ending exams!
@Dollyman - What a small world! I'm in one of the villages nearby...Hopefully see you around!
@Pedro - Thank you for your kind words! Your spec sounds amazing and I am looking forward to seeing some pics. Hope your wait isn't long!!!
@isleaiw - I'm so glad my pictures helped your decision in saying yes to your Mini! I hope you're enjoying it! Yes, Midnight Black isn't particularly original Mini however I just thought all black looked super cool. Best of luck with your son's masters course...you may tell him that lots and lots of shelf filling at Waitrose in the evenings and weekends allowed me to afford a new Mini eventually.

·
Registered
81 Posts
@isleaiw - I'm so glad my pictures helped your decision in saying yes to your Mini! I hope you're enjoying it! Yes, Midnight Black isn't particularly original Mini however I just thought all black looked super cool. Best of luck with your son's masters course...you may tell him that lots and lots of shelf filling at Waitrose in the evenings and weekends allowed me to afford a new Mini eventually.
Yep, the wife loves it - doesnt drive it that much (we have had xmas, snow, storms and more snow since we had it!) and we are still sorting the technology but it is a great piece of kit - Cooper with Chilli, Media XL, LEDs, pano roof, chrome line ins and out etc

My sons summer jobs give hime some money to spend on life at uni - his student loan never even covered his accommodation costs in Surrey, and of course for his masters he gets no funding at all so i will have forked out most of the cost of a new mini by the time the year is out!

Any plans for life post uni?

Ian

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, the wife loves it - doesnt drive it that much (we have had xmas, snow, storms and more snow since we had it!) and we are still sorting the technology but it is a great piece of kit - Cooper with Chilli, Media XL, LEDs, pano roof, chrome line ins and out etc

My sons summer jobs give hime some money to spend on life at uni - his student loan never even covered his accommodation costs in Surrey, and of course for his masters he gets no funding at all so i will have forked out most of the cost of a new mini by the time the year is out!

Any plans for life post uni?

Ian
Great spec list! Agree re learning all the technology...I am always finding out new things 2 months on.

Completely understand the cost of living in Surrey. That's partly why I live at home still and just commute. It will all be worth it for him in the end though!

Post uni, the plan is I'd like to peruse a career in marketing, however I have to admit I am considering a masters. Will see where life takes me I suppose. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts