Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody peeps.
I was hidin' and ting innit!

Been very remiss with my lack witty japes and banter (no change there then...) and unfortunately a busy boy putting in a final push to finish my new bathroom and decorating - how boring, how could that possibly challenge the new found friends on the forum. Well, I was beginning to think I would need to call D.I.Y S.O.S to get the bathroom finished as it had taken soooo looonnggg. Anyway, finally finished without the need for Nick Knowles and crew.

Anyway, I have finally chosen the car and no longer is specification the watch word. I nearly changed my mind completely and went to BMW 1 Series but I had another drive in the MCS and a little re-spec change before it locked down and we are now golden.

I have to wait until the second/third week of September before I can get my backside into my fantastically proportioned and specified MCS. It is nearly killing me now and it has only been Saturday since I last drove one.
My question is this:
How are you good people managing to cope with the lead times, cos here it ain't proven' to bee's eazee......:|

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
So you've finally gone for VO Mr Knowles?

:eek:

;)

I've had an email this morning from my dealer scheduled for production so we are on for 64 plate September - I sent an email back saying to clarify exactly what the cars status is when they expect it to change and when the car should arrive to them because all that needs to happen in August for me to pick up Sept 1

Should be interesting the next few conversations Cameron...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TBH G7, I think you and I should be nearly like for like with our delivery dates.
Mine may have slipped a little as I made a few changes but my guy said it was just about to click over to 1200 any minute so would be surprised if yours wasn't there or just about to follow suit.

Fingers crossed old chap. At least you know this one looks like it's going to be built unlike your last venture.....

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
TBH G7, I think you and I should be nearly like for like with our delivery dates.
Mine may have slipped a little as I made a few changes but my guy said it was just about to click over to 1200 any minute so would be surprised if yours wasn't there or just about to follow suit.

Fingers crossed old chap. At least you know this one looks like it's going to be built unlike your last venture.....
Here's hoping Cameron.

Do like the new spec - if you want to change it you know the colour to go for

:eek:

;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks G7.
I nearly did go for V.O - and that is the truth! However, I had decided on Black or Deep Blue until I drove the demonstrator which was in Thunder Grey; And when I learnt it was an MCS colour only and a V. Pretty lady told me how much she liked it, well, it was no contest. Thunder Grey was ticked and I no longer want to consider anything else or any other spec. It's weird as I am not double checking myself at all. I am happy with my choice and am not thinking it over and over.
Must have got it right then!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Thanks G7.
I nearly did go for V.O - and that is the truth! However, I had decided on Black or Deep Blue until I drove the demonstrator which was in Thunder Grey; And when I learnt it was an MCS colour only and a V. Pretty lady told me how much she liked it, well, it was no contest. Thunder Grey was ticked and I no longer want to consider anything else or any other spec. It's weird as I am not double checking myself at all. I am happy with my choice and am not thinking it over and over.
Must have got it right then!
I've seen the colour with black roof caps and the cosmos wheels

That was stunning so I guess you've done well

Just don't go changing it

;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi mac500 glad to hear you have ordered a MCS, I'm sure the wait will be worth it.
I have ordered a Golf R this morning and was quoted 12 to 16 weeks :(
At least I have my Dooper to have fun in on a daily basis :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.